Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 2nd Round Of The NFL Draft Thread

kevin king

least shocking pick ever lol

6'3, man that height with his speed is gonna be nice

Kevin King....ok with that pick

Well ...a logical pick.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Blog Entries
    JAGS traded with Seattle; wonder what they got ??
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Kevin King ........ I can live with that. Hopefully they got it right this time.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

i think they make that pick to prevent seattle from taking him. would have been nice to trade back, but i think seattle grabs him

and now seattle trades out. they wanted him

smart stay and pick

Kevin King - CB - Washington

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Rare height for the position. Solid job of restricting catch window on routes outside the numbers. Shoves receivers toward boundary and drifts into their running lane to decrease catch opportunity. Length creates challenge for receivers used to winning at the high point. Instinctive with good feel for finding football. Allowed just one touchdown over last 101 targets. Six career interceptions with hands to make the circus pick. Patient from press coverage. Quick to turn and locate once his back is to the quarterback. Saw increase in pass breakups in senior season. Willing to get physical with blocking receivers when it comes time to disengage and make a tackle. Has played all four spots in secondary and slot corner as well.

WEAKNESSES Timed speed and play speed are both concerns. Sluggish feet in press allow quick-releasers to shoot past him. Unable to find necessary acceleration for functional makeup speed. Hands are flimsy in his jams. Could use more upper body strength. High center of gravity makes sudden change of direction a challenge. NFL ball production could be a concern. Takes path to his man over paths to the ball. Lacks desired twitch for NFL transitioning to the throws. Takes too long from bail technique and backpedal to plant and burst on the ball. Ankle biter willing to engage in too many arm tackles and blind shoulder rolls.

DRAFT PROJECTION Round 1-2

SOURCES TELL US "I'm not 100 percent sure what you do with him because he's not a physical tackler, but he's almost too tall to be trusted against shifty receivers. Maybe a team like Seattle, which love those long, press corners. Or you might see a team try and make him a free safety." -- West Coast regional scout for AFC team

NFL COMPARISON Damian Swann

BOTTOM LINE Unusually tall cornerback with experience playing in the slot and as a starting safety. Showed improved instincts and ball production in 2016, but there are still concerns about whether he has the athleticism and recovery speed to utilize his length to play the football. Might be best suited to more zone coverage or off-man based on his speed limitations, but in either scheme he'll need to improve his aggressiveness as a tackler.

so the Packers are on the clock and they p i i i i i i c k...kevin king.

I dunno about that pick. His film isn't impressive.

Whitt has worked miracles with less though. Like this much better than RB.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Listing to Chad Reuter Seattle wanted Kevin King...a local product. If GB trades out he was going there
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i think they make that pick to prevent seattle from taking him. would have been nice to trade back, but i think seattle grabs him

and now seattle trades out. they wanted him

smart stay and pick
    Winner winner. Very good pick.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

3 cb's drafted in the first 3 rounds over the last 3 seasons

you would think we can hit on at least one

Blog Entries
    Cam Robinson and Lamp still out there; great picks for somebody here

For some reason I feel about as uninspired with this pick as I did with the Clark pick last year. Oh well, hope it works out because Ted's history of high D picks has been less than stellar so far.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I dunno about that pick. His film isn't impressive.

Whitt has worked miracles with less though. Like this much better than RB.
    Would have been pissed if we didn't go defense there.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    Would have been pissed if we didn't go defense there.
    I kinda wanted Kizer just to see the State tear itself limb from limb.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    So TT gets the guy he wanted all along and got the 4.1 pick as well. That's solid.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Cam Robinson - OT - Alabama

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Outstanding, proportional frame with combination of thickness and athleticism. Fires into his target with a forceful pop generating early power and push. Can uproot defender and turn him out of hole as a drive blocker. Able to respond to power with power. Can work seamlessly from block to block in combos. Works and climbs to second level with controlled, stalking footwork. Has initial quickness to pull and land on defenders in space. Athletic enough to slide over and catch inside challenges. Usually works feet into position pre-contact in run game. Good length and gets adequate extension in his punch. Kick slide generally balanced and gains necessary ground to the edge. Has feet necessary to mirror edge speed and flatten them over rush arc. Glass-eater who fights hard to the whistle.

WEAKNESSES Balance issues a concern. Struggles with active, high-motor defenders. At times he ducks head into his run blocks, losing sight of a moving target. Narrow in-line power base due to lack of bend and excessive leaning. Weight creeps too far past his feet in both run and pass blocks. Inconsistent sustaining his block. On the ground substantially more than a tackle should be. Has to learn to run his feet under him at contact. Can improve as move blocker with better angles. Feet go dead when punching from shallow pass set. Gets caught punching from balls of his feet and without much bend allowing speed-to-power rushers to heat him up. Questionable instincts. On twists, dives down with defensive ends and will miss loopers around edge.

DRAFT PROJECTION Round 1

NFL COMPARISON Ereck Flowers

BOTTOM LINE Five-star recruit and three-year starter at left tackle who is a road grader with impressive power at the point of attack and enough athleticism to function in diverse run schemes. Robinson has tape galore against SEC edge talent either playing in the NFL or who soon will be. The tape shows a player with the traits and physical ability to be a good NFL tackle, but his balance issues and inconsistencies as a pass protector are a concern. Robinson is a candidate to be overdrafted due to the position he plays and his size, but buyer beware as some of his deficiencies might not be easily correctable.

Blog Entries
    NICE TRADE JUST MADE BY DA BEARS

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    kevin king

least shocking pick ever lol

6'3, man that height with his speed is gonna be nice
    Brian Bulaga would like a word with you.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.