Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rap Sheet Says Packers Considering Kizer at 33

Rap Sheet Says Packers Considering Kizer at 33

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet

An interesting name in play at No. 33 for the #Packers: #NotreDame QB DeShone Kizer. GB is getting trade calls, but could stick and pick.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I posted this in the other thread, but here goes:

So...a QB anyone?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...kers-at-no-33/

Normally, I'd say this is an obvious smokescreen to drum up a trade. But time and time again, don't we hear that the Packers under TT don't play that game? I'm still erring on the side of smokescreen though....

But it isn't unprecedented to grab a player at a position GB doesn't need (at all) because they anticipate his value to be significantly higher than anyone else (and even than the position he's being picked at). But I'm still having a really hard time buying that GB is considering a QB at 33 considering the other needs/available players.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

I am pretty sure its a smokescreen. And they are betting that TT having snared Rodgers with no obvious need is the worm on the hook.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I hope it works. Who would be the teams who'd be nearby in the draft and maybe interested? The Jets or the Saints?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I hope it works. Who would be the teams who'd be nearby in the draft and maybe interested? The Jets or the Saints?
    The Bears?

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Bills maybe? My guess is the Jets though. Hopefully get a 3rd but most likely another 4. Maybe we can package 3 and 2 4s to get back in 2 and have 3 total 2nd rounders?
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

i'll bet he moves down some more. hopefully not too far though. the bodies are flying.

Looks like the Chargers are in play for Kizer

Quote Originally Posted by BZnDallas View Post
    Looks like the Chargers are in play for Kizer
    I hope they don't trade to the Chargers, and risk losing the two best CB's left. I really hope they get SF nervous and have them give up a 5th to swap one position.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

There's just so much CB talent left I still want Bowser or Rivers first. Then the best left CB, then Mixon.

i almost said yesterday that it wouldn't surprise me if TT takes a QB in the mid rounds, based on my theory that we might only have a-rod for a bit longer

that said. kizer at 33 is a huge reach. imo there weren't even any QBs worthy of first rounders. no way kizer is almost a first rounder. i don't see TT making a big reach for a position he doesn't need (besides 2 or 3 more years of a-rod, hundley looks decent)

this is TT trying to get someone to bite, or to drop a hint out there that others teams are trying to trade with them for kizer. it wouldn't shock me if we get much better value for this pick then we did for #29, maybe get a third for trading down less then 10 spots

if we do somehow pick kizer, then its time to retire TT

I called BS on the A.P. to the Packers talk and I call double BS on this rumor.

Would be about stupid as hell... so?? Makes perfect sense for Ted's dreamed of developmental team.
    wist

I would absolutely flip my shit if they stayed at 33 and drafted Kizer. Even the thought of it gets me worked up

Quote Originally Posted by mission View Post
    I would absolutely flip my shit if they stayed at 33 and drafted Kizer. Even the thought of it gets me worked up
    seeings how just about all of us hate the idea, i'm starting to think it might actually hapen

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    seeings how just about all of us hate the idea, i'm starting to think it might actually hapen
    Agree 100% with that =/

Adam shefter (sp) just said its not BS. lol

Lmao Ted isn't going to draft him...he's just getting a bidding war going on for the pick.

Think the Jets will end up being the team...maybe pick up another 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    Think the Jets will end up being the team...maybe pick up another 4th.
    I agree that the Jets would be the team. Trade value chart says it would net a 5th. Jets don't have a 4th anyway.