Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Official Kevin King 2017 Second Round Choice

Official Kevin King 2017 Second Round Choice

Hi Kevin.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Hyde replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by NFL.com, same as Joe's summary
    BOTTOM LINE Unusually tall cornerback with experience playing in the slot and as a starting safety. Showed improved instincts and ball production in 2016, but there are still concerns about whether he has the athleticism and recovery speed to utilize his length to play the football. Might be best suited to more zone coverage or off-man based on his speed limitations, but in either scheme he'll need to improve his aggressiveness as a tackler.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

CBS Draft Scout

STRENGTHS: Offers rare size at cornerback with a lean, tapered frame, including very long limbs. Surprisingly agile in coverage, showing the loose hips to turn and shadow receivers downfield when in press coverage. Will extend an arm but isn't reliant upon landing his initial jam. A cerebral, experienced player often slid inside to play nickel duties against three and four receiver sets. Very good awareness while in zone, anticipating underneath routes and closing quickly downhill to break up passes, often providing a physical pop on contact to jar the ball free. Good hand-eye coordination to sneak his mitt between those of the intended receiver to rip it away as it arrives and has shown good ballskills to record the interception (including a one-handed circus catch in the end zone against Arizona State). Generally a reliable open-field tackler, whose uses his long arms to lasso the legs of ball-carriers. High character player who earned Honorable Mention All-Academic honors as a senior as well as the team's community service award.

WEAKNESSES: Is not as consistently physical as his size and occasional big hits might indicate. Too often seems more interested in ripping at the ball with his tackles and has too many of his tackle attempts broken. More of a grabber as a tackler, rather than consistently hitting, driving and wrapping securely. At his best facing the quarterback. Like a lot of longer cornerbacks, King needs an extra step to change direction, leaving him somewhat vulnerable to smaller, shiftier receivers. Projects best in some schemes to safety, a position he has not played in two years (and was complemented by two stellar cover corners in Peters and Jones when he did play this role).

IN OUR VIEW: Though his more touted teammates will likely earn a higher draft pick, King's size, awareness and versatility warrant top 100 consideration. His ability to play multiple roles should help King earn a roster spot in the NFL. His size is both a quality and a curse. While big enough to shrink passing lanes, King will always be vulnerable to shifty route-runners.

COMPARES TO: Stanley Jean-Baptiste, Seattle Seahawks: Teams prioritizing length at cornerback will no doubt be intrigued by King's length. Jean-Baptiste has struggled to make an impact in the NFL after the New Orleans Saints made the former Nebraska standout the 58th overall pick of the 2014 draft. King's experience at safety could make his transition to the NFL a smoother one.

--Rob Rang (1/16/17)

CBS had him 3rd best corner, 25th best player overall, first round grade.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    You know, one of these days you old guys will learn to use the internet correctly

I like king okay... no telling how dunderdummy will fuck him up.
    wist

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    I like king okay... no telling how dunderdummy will fuck him up.
    I thought you were pimping him earlier ?
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Fantasy Guru Rat Veteran
    I hope I'm wrong but yuck. We now have 5 CB's and none of them are looking like a #1.

I'm not sold on him, but I don't know why. Hopefully my gut is wrong (because I have nothing to go on besides that).
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jmbarnes101 View Post
    I hope I'm wrong but yuck. We now have 5 CB's and none of them are looking like a #1.

I had no man love for him; but he seemed like the worst first tier CB so we had to take him.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    CBS Draft Scout

WEAKNESSES: Too often seems more interested in ripping at the ball with his tackles and has too many of his tackle attempts broken. More of a grabber as a tackler, rather than consistently hitting, driving and wrapping securely.

--Rob Rang (1/16/17)
    Should fit right in.

Fantasy Guru Rat Veteran
    I had no man love for him; but he seemed like the worst first tier CB so we had to take him.
    All the more reason to not like this pick. Let's settle for the lousiest of the best and the best of the lousiest.

I thought you were pimping him earlier ?
    Wist doesn't pimp for long.

All the more reason to not like this pick. Let's settle for the lousiest of the best and the best of the lousiest.
    Who would you have taken?

Fantasy Guru Rat Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    Who would you have taken?
    i would've taken Watt in Round 1. Since they didn't they held the most powerful spot on day 2. Trade down and obtain some draft value next year or pick up another third. Was it really necessary to pick a guy who doesn't project as a #1 CB?

Great pick up...this guy has will be the 2nd best CB taken in this draft imo

i would've taken Watt in Round 1. Since they didn't they held the most powerful spot on day 2. Trade down and obtain some draft value next year or pick up another third. Was it really necessary to pick a guy who doesn't project as a #1 CB?
    I'm pretty sure TT projects him as a starting CB.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    Great pick up...this guy has will be the 2nd best CB taken in this draft imo
    Please be right.
    C.H.U.D.

Texans killing me by taking Cunningham.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Texans killing me by taking Cunningham.
    Me too.