Thread: Official Kevin King 2017 Second Round Choice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    What we need is a #1 Corner. Randall and Rollins, and more to my liking, Gunter, might turn out to be decent 2nd or 3rd Corners, but unless they play a whole lot better than they ever have before, they aren't #1 Top Notch Out-On-An-Island Corners (Gunter is the closest to that of what we had last season). I don't know if Kevin King is that; I don't even know for sure he is the best Corner in the draft named King, but from what I read, I'm hopeful. On the negative side, a rule of thumb for me is that D Players from great D teams tend to be overrated ....... and what did we get? One of three first round Corner picks from the same great D team - who arguably each made the others seem better than they are.
    I think a lot of folks in here missing something. A no. 1 corner and a shutdown, on an island corner, are 2 very very different things. There are very few 'island' corners in this league. There are 32 no. 1 corners in this league.

You don't find 'island' CBs drafting in the 20s every year. A lot of you peoples expectations are way over board. Good grief.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BZnDallas View Post
    I think a lot of folks in here missing something. A no. 1 corner and a shutdown, on an island corner, are 2 very very different things. There are very few 'island' corners in this league. There are 32 no. 1 corners in this league.

You don't find 'island' CBs drafting in the 20s every year. A lot of you peoples expectations are way over board. Good grief.
    OK, let's just say somebody who SHOULD be a #1 Corner.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    OK, let's just say somebody who SHOULD be a #1 Corner.
    I think Kevin King gets every possible opportunity to be our no. 1 corner. Who knows what he develops into. He'll be the one to cover the Julio's and the Dez's. Maybe not at first, but he'll be given the opportunity soon.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!