Thread: Official 2017 Packers Third Round Pick Montravius Adams

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Physically, this guy is first round quality. It's up to coaches and maybe other players to get him to play up to that ability. I MUCH prefer a player like this - assuming he's motivated - rather than somebody like Guion for example. Having him in the line with Daniels and Clark would seem to be really good.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Physically, this guy is first round quality. It's up to coaches and maybe other players to get him to play up to that ability. I MUCH prefer a player like this - assuming he's motivated - rather than somebody like Guion for example. Having him in the line with Daniels and Clark would seem to be really good.
    Nah, I don't think so. He's not testing like Tarzan and playing like Jane. He's ranked 21st athletically by pSparq. That is not terrible, he is literally the definition of average here, but its not remarkable for the third round.

His broad jump is lower than all but three lineman rated ahead of him athletically (8.83 feet). One was worse, two were tied. Its worse than than 4 of the five behind him.

His bench (22 reps) is toward the low end (18 above him beat it). His short shuttle was worst among the 21.

On the more positive side, his three cone was beat only by 10 of the 20. And his 40 was good, including a 10 yard split that was only beat by the top two D lineman (Wormley, Findlater).

He needs to get stronger and more explosive. I don't know how to distinguish between 3 cone and SS, but one of them is not bad, the other might improve.
    Last edited by pbmax; 04-29-2017 at 01:15 PM.