Thread: Raiding Green Bay For Key Personnel

Raiding Green Bay For Key Personnel

Rob Demovsky @RobDemovsky
    Rob Davis has not only joined Mike McCarthy's coaching staff in Dallas but his title is assistant head coach, sources said. A surprise considering he's never actually been on a coaching staff. He was director of player development with the Packers,... https://es.pn/30Ujg77

Is it just me, or does McCarthy REALLY like having a guy beholden to only him on his staff?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Rob Demovsky @RobDemovsky
    Rob Davis has not only joined Mike McCarthy's coaching staff in Dallas but his title is assistant head coach, sources said. A surprise considering he's never actually been on a coaching staff. He was director of player development with the Packers,... https://es.pn/30Ujg77

Is it just me, or does McCarthy REALLY like having a guy beholden to only him on his staff?
    He's our old long snapper dude, no?

Wouldn't ya think he'd name Philbin the asst HC?

Wonder if MM will beat Andy Reid out as the fattest NFL HC

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    He's our old long snapper dude, no?

Wouldn't ya think he'd name Philbin the asst HC?

Wonder if MM will beat Andy Reid out as the fattest NFL HC
    Same title as Winston Moss, who was also a position coach. Its a long time loyalist position that McCarthy seems to value.

But Davis had a front office job and has never coached before. Davis was the guy who helped young players make the transition to being full-time professionals. And he probably was the guy players called when trouble happened.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/...ant-head-coach

Apparently, Davis has mentioned perhaps moving into coaching before this.

"I've always thought I was a coach at heart,'' Davis told a local newspaper last fall, suggesting he might like to formally re-enter football as a coach.
    He also has hired:

Mike Nolan (DC)
    Joe Philbin (OL)
    Kellen Moore (OC - retained)
    George Edwards (senior Defensive Assistance) - this guy is a former DC
    John Fassel (ST)

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/...ant-head-coach

Apparently, Davis has mentioned perhaps moving into coaching before this.

He also has hired:

Mike Nolan (DC)
    Joe Philbin (OL)
    Kellen Moore (OC - retained)
    George Edwards (senior Defensive Assistance) - this guy is a former DC
    John Fassel (ST)
    Pretty impressive list of coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    You can add to that Scott Tolzien. https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ing-assistant/

Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    It'll be an interesting acid test.

Same title as Winston Moss, who was also a position coach. Its a long time loyalist position that McCarthy seems to value.

But Davis had a front office job and has never coached before. Davis was the guy who helped young players make the transition to being full-time professionals. And he probably was the guy players called when trouble happened.
    Does seem like quite a jump for Davis, doesn't it? Apparently, since he left the Packers two years ago, he has been coaching Dline at St. Norbert.

I wonder if his position is more Assistant to the Head Coach, than Assistant Head Coach?

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Does seem like quite a jump for Davis, doesn't it? Apparently, since he left the Packers two years ago, he has been coaching Dline at St. Norbert.

I wonder if his position is more Assistant to the Head Coach, than Assistant Head Coach?
    I imagine 'to'. But I am not even sure he is a position coach either.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...oaching-hires/

Many of the names on the list have already been reported. Offensive coordinator Kellen Moore, defensive coordinator Mike Nolan and special teams coach John Fassel are some of the bigger names on that list.

The Cowboys named Rob Davis their assistant head coach and former Vikings defensive coordinator George Edwards has been given the title of senior defensive assistant.

Offensive line coach Joe Philbin, assistant offensive line coach Jeff Blasko, wide receivers coach Adam Henry, running backs coach Skip Peete, quarterbacks coach Doug Nussmeier and tight ends coach Lunda Wells round out the offensive staff.

The other side of the ball includes defensive line coach Jim Tomsula, linebackers coach Scott McCurley, assistant defensive line coach Leon Lett, defensive backs coach Maurice Linguist and defensive backs coach Al Harris. Matt Daniels will be the assistant special teams coach, Scott Tolzien will be a coaching assistant and Markus Paul will be the strength and conditioning coach.

Jim Tomsula is a solid D line coach. That is a slam dunk hire.