Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 Packers Third Round Pick Montravius Adams

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    My prayer for TT:

Dear God help Ted Thompson be a decent GM in another lifetime.

I made it to the 1:30 mark of this film.

Media person: "Well Ted why did you pick this DT?"

Ted Thompson: Well....ahhhh...let me see ... Ohh yea.... I thought he ran really fast. He'll develop.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    I noticed in that clip he used his body a lot like a doorknob jam, sticking his feet back and just hanging on for dear life. Is that a produce of strength deficiency or technique deficiency?
    Agreed, that video was not confidence inspiring. He seems to get hung up on blocks a lot, and not have great balance. He did however come off a block nicely to make a tackle at the 3 minute mark of the video.

He is also either doing a good job of anticipating the snap or is often jumping early. He drew a flag, and was also the first guy moving on the DL a couple of other times.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

He's a body... I'm looking for more out of a 3rd round pick than "just a guy".

His ceiling isn't high... read one scout ticking off the boxes of what he does well, then concludes... "I'd let someone else draft him".
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    He's a body... I'm looking for more out of a 3rd round pick than "just a guy".

His ceiling isn't high... read one scout ticking off the boxes of what he does well, then concludes... "I'd let someone else draft him".
    what are you talking about, this could be our staring OLB in a few years after he flames out at DL and is asked to shed some weight

this guy could be the next mike neal or datone jones

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    what are you talking about, this could be our staring OLB in a few years after he flames out at DL and is asked to shed some weight

this guy could be the next mike neal or datone jones
    lol... sounds about right
    wist

Montravius Adams = Jerel Worthy and Khyri Thornton. Nuff said.....Thank god this is Ted's second last draft!!
    When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.

Blog Entries
    For what it's worth I didn't like this pick from the get go; very inconsistent play w/o a high ceiling. Hopefully I'm wrong.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Would have went with ILB Kendell Beckwith here
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

This place is ridiculous sometimes.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    I woulda, shoulda, coulda....

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...every-nfl-pick

No. 93 Green Bay Packers: Montravius Adams, Defensive Tackle, Auburn

Strengths: Size, run defense, upside.

Weaknesses: Consistency, consistency, consistency.

Adams, a 5-star recruit out of high school, per 247Sports, looks like a future All-Pro when everything is clicking. He started developing his pass-rushing technique to go with his run-stopping power last year, turning in dominant performances against Georgia and Alabama.

Even at his worst, Adams is a load to block. But he will get pushed around by double-teams, particularly late in games, and will get caught out of position against the run and neutralized against the pass. The Tigers began limiting him to about a 50-snap pitch count last season and sliding him outside in some custom packages, which may have kept him fresh for his late-season surge.

Adams is considered a high character/intangibles individual who should take care of business in the conditioning program. He may be one of those 300-pounders who gets dogged with a “bad motor” label because his coaches thought a 74-snap workload was a good idea.

The Packers use cloggers like Adams in 30- to 40-snap doses. Chances are, they will get the most from him.

Grade: B+
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...every-nfl-pick

No. 93 Green Bay Packers: Montravius Adams, Defensive Tackle, Auburn

Strengths: Size, run defense, upside.

Weaknesses: Consistency, consistency, consistency.

The Tigers began limiting him to about a 50-pitch count last season , which may have kept him fresh for his late-season surge.

Grade: B+
    As a fall back, the Brewers need some mid-inning relief help. Is he a righty or a south paw?

I like the guy for what he is not - a big fat Raji-like/Guion-like clod. If he could absorb some of Mike Daniels' effort and hustle, he could be damn good with that athleticism.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Money motivates some people, let's hope he's one of them.

This might be the case that proves its all about pad level.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I am not sure why the scoop on the guy is he's lazy. He was dominant his senior year from what I'm reading. Maybe as a junior he just wasn't as good? I think he'll be a decent player. I like the body type. While 40 yard dash isn't super important it's clear it shows some overriding level of athleticism and this guy clearly is pretty athletic. If he was an inch taller he'd be the perfect body type for 5 tech. I think he'll be a starter there in a year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I am not sure why the scoop on the guy is he's lazy. He was dominant his senior year from what I'm reading. Maybe as a junior he just wasn't as good? I think he'll be a decent player. I like the body type. While 40 yard dash isn't super important it's clear it shows some overriding level of athleticism and this guy clearly is pretty athletic. If he was an inch taller he'd be the perfect body type for 5 tech. I think he'll be a starter there in a year or two.
    The thing I most recently read (not sure if true) was that his team played him 70+ snaps per game Junior year, and put him on a more realistic count his Senior year. Playing that much almost anyone would take a play or two off to rest.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Perhaps some of your minds may be changed this year.

If he's good, that DL will be crazy good. Keep rotating guys and nobody gets tired.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Perhaps some of your minds may be changed this year.
    I'm convinced. The argument you present is indisputable.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck