Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 Packers Third Round Pick Montravius Adams

It's pre-season. Put me on the Montravius Adams bandwagon, and let's roll!

I'll probably get a date with Drew Barrymore this year, too!
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    It's pre-season. Put me on the Montravius Adams bandwagon, and let's roll!

I'll probably get a date with Drew Barrymore this year, too!
    Is she still fat or did she lose that weight? If she’s still fat I would assume your chances are better.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    He has a chance. But who knows if he'll remind us of Mike Daniels or Khyri Thornton? He seems to have good quickness off the line, but so did Thornton and Worthy. A lot of college DT's look good on film because they're quicker than the Guards they line up against. Then they get to the NFL and it's a different story. He played better as a senior than as a junior. Hopefully that's a trend.
    Turns out, he's Khyri Thornton.

Turns out, he's Khyri Thornton.
    Gute seemed to still have hope. I question gutes sanity that he seems to cling to some of these guys

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Gute seemed to still have hope. I question gutes sanity that he seems to cling to some of these guys
    I wouldn't put too much credence in his comment. He's not going to publicly trash Adams. I'm sure he knows Adams hasn't been good enough.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbutnotdeadyet View Post
    Yeah, I mean Damn, what was TT thinking? I don't get this pick at all.

When they kept showing their war room, I thought who is that senile old man walking around like he owns the place. Why, that was none other than the architect of the Green Bay Packers.

We are doomed...
    Love this post.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Physically, this guy is first round quality. It's up to coaches and maybe other players to get him to play up to that ability. I MUCH prefer a player like this - assuming he's motivated - rather than somebody like Guion for example. Having him in the line with Daniels and Clark would seem to be really good.
    Guion was a ruffian off the field, but in the rye, he balled like, well, a ruffian - bullying opponents.

If Pack had a guy like Guion the last time they played, no way that abominable shit-show exists.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Guion was a ruffian off the field, but in the rye, he balled like, well, a ruffian - bullying opponents.

If Pack had a guy like Guion the last time they played, no way that abominable shit-show exists.
    You could also add Mike Pennel too that group as he is having a very strong year and getting it done for Chiefs upfront.

Somehow though we ended up with “Team Northwestern” upfront.

Quote Originally Posted by GB-Brandon View Post
    You could also add Mike Pennel too that group as he is having a very strong year and getting it done for Chiefs upfront.

Must be Murphy's work. Former AD at Northwestern.

Did Todd cut Pennel or something? Coulda swore i saw Pennel playing in NE last season.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

I wouldn't put too much credence in his comment. He's not going to publicly trash Adams. I'm sure he knows Adams hasn't been good enough.
    Perhaps. I haven't seen the video clip, but he seemed to all but dismiss commenting on Martinez. Of course, his deal is up. Maybe he doesn't want to drive up his price.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Yep. I think Dorsey signed him.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Not much pass rush but man what movement for a huge guy. He would be interesting in this D.

But he all but ran himself out of the league.

Did Todd cut Pennel or something? Coulda swore i saw Pennel playing in NE last season.
    Packers to Jets to New England to KC

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Yep. I think Dorsey signed him.

EDIT: Incorrect. Has bounced around and with KC just this year.

Perhaps. I haven't seen the video clip, but he seemed to all but dismiss commenting on Martinez. Of course, his deal is up. Maybe he doesn't want to drive up his price.
    What he said. I think he was asked about how to fix the run defense.

“I think obviously Blake Martinez is up, and I think we’re gonna have to take a long look at the inside linebacker thing, make sure we’re squared away there. I really do like our defensive line group, I really do. I think obviously Kenny’s a very, very good player. Really happy with Dean Lowry, Tyler Lancaster. I think Montravius Adams and Kingsley Keke will see a lot more action in Year 2 in Matt’s tenure here. And those guys need to step up and they need to do their job and I think that they will. I’m excited for them. They’re both really explosive athletes. I like the group, but ... with defensive front and offensive linemen, if there’s good players there we’re always gonna try to improve.”

What he said. I think he was asked about how to fix the run defense.
    That makes it sound like ILB is the only position up for a possible overhaul.

That makes it sound like ILB is the only position up for a possible overhaul.
    Could be. Then again, you probably shouldn't put too much stock in what an NFL GM says between now and the Draft.

We could have drafted Jeffrey Simmons with the 12th pick.

Gute got a little testy when someone suggested Gary was a bust. Gute seems to think Gary is a player still.

We shall see. Gary did flash elite talent at times but compared to Zadarius Smith, who flashed every gsme, Gary was just inconsistent

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    We could have drafted Jeffrey Simmons with the 12th pick.

Gute got a little testy when someone suggested Gary was a bust. Gute seems to think Gary is a player still.

We shall see. Gary did flash elite talent at times but compared to Zadarius Smith, who flashed every gsme, Gary was just inconsistent

Guter I think is going to play in FA each year; we can recover from the bed Gary pick.

It just seemed too good to be true having a draft pick that high with AROD still as our QB.

There were a lot of really good players there; but we can recover.

We overachieved last year; with some good personnell moves next year opefully we can keep the same record but go further in the playoffs.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?