Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Official 2017 Packers Third Round Pick Montravius Adams

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    We could have drafted Jeffrey Simmons with the 12th pick.

Gute got a little testy when someone suggested Gary was a bust. Gute seems to think Gary is a player still.

We shall see. Gary did flash elite talent at times but compared to Zadarius Smith, who flashed every gsme, Gary was just inconsistent

He's going to get testy a lot on that. the Packer Beat gys label him anywhere from a project with upside, to a disappointment, to a bust. I have a feeling they are going to let Fackrell go and let him sink or swim with more playing time next year. Time will tell
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    He's going to get testy a lot on that. the Packer Beat gys label him anywhere from a project with upside, to a disappointment, to a bust. I have a feeling they are going to let Fackrell go and let him sink or swim with more playing time next year. Time will tell
    Fackrell is going to be starting somewhere next year. He’s played well enough to be noticed. No way they keep him with all the money tied up in Smith Bro’s.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Guter I think is going to play in FA each year; we can recover from the bed Gary pick.

It just seemed too good to be true having a draft pick that high with AROD still as our QB.

There were a lot of really good players there; but we can recover.

We overachieved last year; with some good personnell moves next year opefully we can keep the same record but go further in the playoffs.
    I doubt they match the record next year. Teams rarely win as many as 13 games in consecutive years. Packers could, and probably will be a better team next year and not win that many games.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Guter I think is going to play in FA each year; we can recover from the bed Gary pick.

It just seemed too good to be true having a draft pick that high with AROD still as our QB.

There were a lot of really good players there; but we can recover.

We overachieved last year; with some good personnell moves next year opefully we can keep the same record but go further in the playoffs.
    We can not recover if we miss all our picks. You can’t pay top dollar to get talent at all positions. You run out of cap space.

You need to hit draft picks to have low cost talent on your team. Seattle was built on Wilson’s rookie contact and was torn apart after he got paid.

We need to hit draft picks and supplement wisely with free agency.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I doubt they match the record next year. Teams rarely win as many as 13 games in consecutive years. Packers could, and probably will be a better team next year and not win that many games.

I never considered us a real playoff threat this year.

If our record was lesser but we were a dangerous playoff team to win the show.....I'd be the first in line to sign up for that.

Let's see if your point differential is a bit more impressive next year.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

^ Still underselling this team.

Who in the NFC is better?

Seattle? Nope

Vikings? Nope

Saints? THEY LOST TO THE FREAKING VIKINGS AT HOME! THEY SECRETLY SUCK!

If members of this board were Saints fans, there would be three threads urging the firing of Sean Payton for his disastrous tenure after his one Super Bowl win.

Frankly the only team that frightens me beside the 49ers are the Eagles. Maybe the Cowboys if M3 gets it going again.

Double secretly, while the top 6 or 8 of the NFC is definitely better than the top 6-8 of the AFC, I am not sure there are any great teams this year.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

The Saints are basically the Packers -- they have an aging but still good QB, a good RB, and one good WR. (They also have Taysom Hill and Jared Cook, but I think GB has a better OL.)

Vikings tried to put the clamps on Thomas and they won the war in the trenches.

As for Adams, watching the clip it's clear they like Clark, Lowry and have hope for Keke, while Adams and Lancaster are on the bubble. The comment about saying they like the DL group but will be "taking a long look at ILB to make sure we're squared away there" tells me it will be a focus while they sign Clark to an extension. Adams seems like one of those athletic marvels who hasn't put it together. I was hoping this year it would happen, but am left waiting to see what he brings, and I think he'll be on his last chance in GB this next season. For all the complaining about Gary, at least he's around the QB or the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    As for Adams, watching the clip it's clear they like Clark, Lowry and have hope for Keke, while Adams and Lancaster are on the bubble. The comment about saying they like the DL group but will be "taking a long look at ILB to make sure we're squared away there" tells me it will be a focus while they sign Clark to an extension. Adams seems like one of those athletic marvels who hasn't put it together. I was hoping this year it would happen, but am left waiting to see what he brings, and I think he'll be on his last chance in GB this next season. For all the complaining about Gary, at least he's around the QB or the ball.
    I think they are delusional about their D line.

ILB could be improved markedly if they found one run stuffer who could excel with limited snaps (perfect for aging vet) and a speed guy.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

Seattle? Nope
    Vikings? Nope

If members of this board were Saints fans, there would be three threads urging the firing of Sean Payton for his disastrous tenure after his one Super Bowl win.

Frankly the only team that frightens me beside the 49ers are the Eagles. Maybe the Cowboys if M3 gets it going again.

Double secretly, while the top 6 or 8 of the NFC is definitely better than the top 6-8 of the AFC, I am not sure there are any great teams this year.

AS CHRIS CARTER USE TO SAY COME ON MAN

I'm going to attempt to flush the homer juice out of you by simply asking, which of those teams is Green Bay clearly better than ? I'll also attempt to answer your questions while simply stating the answer to my quesiton might be none.

On your your koolaideism

San Fran is clearly better and the overall talent isn't that close.

A healthy Seattle team is very bit as good as a healthy GB team. Maybe a bit better

A healthy Saints team is at least as good as a healthy GB team. Another toss us

I think a healthy GB team is slightly better than Minnesota; but it's dam close

I also think Dallas and the Eagles talent wise matchup with Green Bay very well. IMO it's close

My conclusion is we're a top 5 team in the NFC. With a good free agency, and another good draft, and another year where we remain healthy ....we've got a shot.

Seattle? Nope

Vikings? Nope

Excellent Post.

Regarding Adams, yeah he's had 3 years to develop, but the first of those he was injured most of the time. He ought to be head and shoulders better than Lowery and Lancaster, but they get all the playing time. Assuming the coaches know what they are doing, that says Adams pretty much stinks. I'd bring him to camp and hope for the best, but if he doesn't really stand out, dump him.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

AS CHRIS CARTER USE TO SAY COME ON MAN

I'm going to attempt to flush the homer juice out of you by simply asking, which of those teams is Green Bay clearly better than ? I'll also attempt to answer your questions while simply stating the answer to my quesiton might be none.

On your your koolaideism

San Fran is clearly better and the overall talent isn't that close.

A healthy Seattle team is very bit as good as a healthy GB team. Maybe a bit better

A healthy Saints team is at least as good as a healthy GB team. Another toss us

I think a healthy GB team is slightly better than Minnesota; but it's dam close

I also think Dallas and the Eagles talent wise matchup with Green Bay very well. IMO it's close

My conclusion is we're a top 5 team in the NFC. With a good free agency, and another good draft, and another year where we remain healthy ....we've got a shot.
    Sorry, I failed to detect the argument that the Packers were a fraud. If they are even with all the better teams in the League, seems pretty legit.

Blog Entries
    Sorry, I failed to detect the argument that the Packers were a fraud. If they are even with all the better teams in the League, seems pretty legit.

I don't think they are a fraud; I just think they got breaks this year. To me they felt like a 11-5 team that was on the verge of contention to the SB, as opposed to legitimate threats this year.

I'm hoping for some jumps from the young guys too. Gary, Savage, Jenkins, Lazard, Sternberger, Sullivan.... Even Alexander, King and Amos can get better after playing a year together and an off-season to hone in on the details of masking coverages and mixing coverages.

We NEED a better ILB and a smart, fast receiver AR can gel with.

Every team needs DL and OL so if they're out there I'm down with that too

I think Greene and Campbell healthy make that hybrid spot an upgrade from this year's injured group. We just need an upgrade to Martinez and I think Burafict could be it for a couple years

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    I think Greene and Campbell healthy make that hybrid spot an upgrade from this year's injured group. We just need an upgrade to Martinez and I think Burafict could be it for a couple years
    I disagree.
    Vontaze Burfict will not be in a GB uniform. He might not be in any NFL uniform - his body is breaking down and he is a suspension waiting to happen. Oh, and he's a complete knucklehead who has cost team wins (including the PIT playoff game).
    In October he was suspended FOR THE SEASON by the NFL for illegal hits.

Greene and Campbell are ok in there if you want to go with a 3 safety look, but they're playing hybrid because Burks isn't ready, and they have nobody else at the 2nd level who can cover. I like Blake Martinez, but he can't carry a RB or TE up the field or drop into a short zone quickly enough to be considered good in coverage. They do need an old school thumper at ILB for goal line and short distance defensive stands, they can find those guys cheap. If Pettine plays one all the time a smart OC will scheme them off the field or force them to cover.

Despite all this, they still yield tons of yardage in the MOF, and TEs eat them for breakfast. I get sick of watching ancients like Greg Olson or Kyle Rudolph carve up the defense on a 3rd and 8. There has to be a better way.