Thread: Trgovac and McCurley Dismissed

Trgovac and McCurley Dismissed

Wilde with some important details not being covered on the board:

The Packers also dismissed two longtime defensive assistant coaches — defensive line coach Mike Trgovac and assistant linebackers coach Scott McCurley — and more changes on the coaching staff could be on the way.
    http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/f...a31c155f5.html

A little weird in that press speculation had focused on the communication issues at the back end. And if ILB was an issue, why not dump Moss?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Wilde also has two sources that say a clear cut GM will be hired and no triangle of authority installed, differing slightly from Mort's report early on Monday.

As long as Wilde, Spoon and Dougherty don't have the same two PR sources, it looks like Murphy will at least get this part right.

Wilde also says speculation is that other assistants could be leaving, but only names Moss who is interviewing with Detroit. Internal candidates expected to be Whitt and Perry but outside candidates interviewed as well.
    Last edited by pbmax; 01-02-2018 at 08:06 AM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

A little weird in that press speculation had focused on the communication issues at the back end. And if ILB was an issue, why not dump Moss?
    Could they have been tied with Capers = if Dom is fired they are gone too?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Could they have been tied with Capers = if Dom is fired they are gone too?
    Possibly. But McCurley was here before Capers was hired. He was an assistant for McCarthy I believe.

Demovsky on Wilde and Tauscher's radio show said that assistant coach changes are not done. Thinks there will be movement on offensive side and he said "not just Luke Getsy". I took this to mean someone with more tenure and authority.

Murphy scheduled to speak at 1 PM.

I really don't know what to make of Trgo getting the axe. Sure, pass rush was a problem, but was it his guys and not the OLBs? Run D on interior was very good last two years.

Michael Cohen @Michael_Cohen13
    #Packers DE Dean Lowry on playing for defensive line coach Mike Trgovac, who was fired along with Dom Capers and Scott McCurley:

I agree that firing Trgo right out of the gate was puzzling.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Wilde also has two sources that say a clear cut GM will be hired and no triangle of authority installed, differing slightly from Mort's report early on Monday.

As long as Wilde, Spoon and Dougherty don't have the same two PR sources, it looks like Murphy will at least get this part right.

Wilde also says speculation is that other assistants could be leaving, but only names Moss who is interviewing with Detroit. Internal candidates expected to be Whitt and Perry but outside candidates interviewed as well.
    Murphy said today that the new GM will basically have the same role as TT did. He also said MM has the authority to make the new DC decision on his own.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    When you fire the DC, typically most of the guys go with him. The new DC is free to hire Trgo back if he wants. My prediction is that Trgo will be available for some time.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

It's just the same Ole Same Ole and playing it Nice Nice and NOT outright FIRING MOSS.

" Let's see if Detroit makes his removal easy for us."

This tells me that CEO Mark Murphy and HC Mike McCarthy are very close. This tells me that MM will be back next Season.

This tells me that when I learn that's a FACT that I'll be yelling a certain profanity.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau