Thread: SO.....PISSED....RIGHT.....NOW!!!!

SO.....PISSED....RIGHT.....NOW!!!!

Seriously. If is the direction, we should have done it in time to land Dorsey. He is a proven commodity. I don't want to hope Elliot is ready. I'm gonna guess its Russ Ball that lands the gig.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

I 100% agree with you and am left wondering WTF actually happened here. Dorsey is the obvious candidate - yet they didn't go that route when he was available. He put together some very talented rosters in KC, and by all accounts would have liked to come back.

It's not like Dorsey wouldn't want to take over a team led by ARod instead of the hot mess that is Cleveland. So, overall, it's just very strange.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I 100% agree with you and am left wondering WTF actually happened here. Dorsey is the obvious candidate - yet they didn't go that route when he was available. He put together some very talented rosters in KC, and by all accounts would have liked to come back.

It's not like Dorsey wouldn't want to take over a team led by ARod instead of the hot mess that is Cleveland. So, overall, it's just very strange.

Observing TT for the past two years informed me they had ample opportunity to get it close to the BEST right.

TT was done...and certainly appearing burnt out.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Gutekunst

Brian Gutekunst - Director of College Scouting of the Green Bay Packers

http://www.packers.com/team/staff/br...0-84a5095551dd

" Promoted to director of player personnel March 21, 2016, Brian Gutekunst enters his 19th season with the Green Bay Packers’ player personnel department.

He spent his first 13 seasons with the club as a college scout, serving as an East Coast regional scout for his first two years (1999-2000), before switching to the Southeast region (2001-11) and most recently serving as director of college scouting (2012-15). "
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

http://www.packers.com/team/staff/ru...-7567ed7712e0/

" Russ Ball, entering his 29th season in the NFL, begins his 10th season in Green Bay as the organization’s vice president of football administration/player finance.

Named to the position on Feb. 13, 2008. "

http://www.packers.com/team/staff/el...5-11e979ac48b3

" Eliot Wolf enters his 14th season with the Packers and second as the director-football operations after being promoted on March 21, 2016.

Prior ...Wolf spent the 2015 season as the team’s 'director of player personnel' after spending the previous three seasons as the team’s 'director of pro personnel'.

In 2011, he was 'the assistant director of player personnel' after working as 'the team’s assistant director of pro personnel' the previous three seasons (2008-10).

Originally hired as 'a pro personnel assistant' on Feb. 26, 2004, by then-General Manager/Head Coach Mike Sherman, Wolf spent four seasons in that position. "

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Seriously. If is the direction, we should have done it in time to land Dorsey. He is a proven commodity. I don't want to hope Elliot is ready. I'm gonna guess its Russ Ball that lands the gig.
    I think this is a good point, also raised in another thread.

My guess is that someone is taking a run at multiple members of the Packers front office and Dorsey is one less available candidate.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Dorsey did a good job in talent acquisition but he did have his critics. Namely in the area of managing the salary cap. If he was in high demand, I wonder if he would have jumped at the Cleveland job.

http://www.packers.com/team/staff/al...8-fb475ac6328c

" An NFL player for six seasons, Alonzo Highsmith enters his 19th year with the Green Bay Packers’ personnel department. He was promoted to senior personnel executive in May 2012 after 13 years on the Packers’ college scouting staff, where he maintained primary responsibility for the Southwest region.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Gutekunst

Brian Gutekunst - Director of College Scouting of the Green Bay Packers

http://www.packers.com/team/staff/br...0-84a5095551dd

" Promoted to director of player personnel March 21, 2016, Brian Gutekunst enters his 19th season with the Green Bay Packers’ player personnel department.

He spent his first 13 seasons with the club as a college scout, serving as an East Coast regional scout for his first two years (1999-2000), before switching to the Southeast region (2001-11) and most recently serving as director of college scouting (2012-15). "
    This is the guy I'm betting is our next GM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Dorsey did a good job in talent acquisition but he did have his critics. Namely in the area of managing the salary cap. If he was in high demand, I wonder if he would have jumped at the Cleveland job.
    And he was unemployed for a while there.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    http://www.packers.com/team/staff/al...8-fb475ac6328c

" An NFL player for six seasons, Alonzo Highsmith enters his 19th year with the Green Bay Packers’ personnel department. He was promoted to senior personnel executive in May 2012 after 13 years on the Packers’ college scouting staff, where he maintained primary responsibility for the Southwest region.
    Highsmith moving to the Browns to work with Dorsey.