Thread: Official Day 3 Of The 2017 NFL Draft Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pass rush and coverage feel like a chicken and egg scenario to me. Watch the Redskins game from last year. Cousins was holding the ball 3 seconds max. Most of the time it was 5 steps and fire and he had guys open all the time. Not much a pass rush can do. Maybe an improved secondary helps the pass rush more than we know right now.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Pass rush and coverage feel like a chicken and egg scenario to me. Watch the Redskins game from last year. Cousins was holding the ball 3 seconds max. Most of the time it was 5 steps and fire and he had guys open all the time. Not much a pass rush can do. Maybe an improved secondary helps the pass rush more than we know right now.
    I wonder how many times during their struggles last season was the shitty play more about communications issues on defense vs. the physical limitations of the players on the field. If you don't know exactly where you are supposed to line up or where your responsibilities are supposed to take you as a young player, you can take false steps and get burned like a $2 steak.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    that's when you go into press coverage. we don't do that for some reason...except once in a while they let gunter do it. when i say press i mean actually jam at the line, not just attempt to stay close.