Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Day 3 Of The 2017 NFL Draft Thread

Official Day 3 Of The 2017 NFL Draft Thread

Best pass rusher available is Carl Lawson of Auburn. He's been injured a lot last 2 years. What say you?

According to CBS best available player is Chad Hansen - WR - Cal. Hey Mad! He's white!

Last thing we need is a guy with injury history ala Justin Harrel on the defense. I say pass on Lawson and look elsewhere.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Top of the 4th, stay true to your board, but with an on on a needed position. I think I would go RB with either Samaje Perine, OK or Marlon Mack, USF. Perine would replace the type of player Lacy is, and Mack would be like a Dalvin Cook.

With the late 4th round pick, I would go pass rusher. Here are some that look promising. Still plenty of opportunities and available talent to get a good pass rusher.

Keion Adams, OLB, Western MI

Samson Ebukam, OLB, Eastern WA

Javancy Jones, OLB, Jackson State

Vince Biegel, OLB, WI

Other guys worth mentioning are

Jojo Mathis, OLB, Washington
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gXfMvHP8mE

Carroll Phillips, OLB, Illinois
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-Ln_lK7f2U
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

RB Samaje Perine and TE Bucky Hodges are must drafts today!! You can do it Teddy, the rest can be below average D linemen just to satisfy your below average D Linemen cravings!!!
    When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.

I still absolutely don't want Perine, and I think Ted will see it that way too. Also, why in the hell would we draft a TE?

I'd like to see the Packers get Vince Biegel with either the early or late 4th round pick. I also still say Dede Westbrook is an exceptional WR - enough to draft him even though we really don't need a WR. I suppose whether I like it or not, we need a RB today also. I just hope it is a speed back, not some big plodder. I'm sure Ted will pick up an O Lineman too, probably with one of the 5th round picks.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Blog Entries
    Perine seems like the easy call here; he's BPA nearly everywhere I go but TT most likely knows better. Tex, he's been productive and looks like he could start in the NFL. Why don't you like him ? He seems like an easier call than our 1st rounder, who we almost had to draft given the current state of our secondary
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I still absolutely don't want Perine, and I think Ted will see it that way too. Also, why in the hell would we draft a TE?

I'd like to see the Packers get Vince Biegel with either the early or late 4th round pick. I also still say Dede Westbrook is an exceptional WR - enough to draft him even though we really don't need a WR. I suppose whether I like it or not, we need a RB today also. I just hope it is a speed back, not some big plodder. I'm sure Ted will pick up an O Lineman too, probably with one of the 5th round picks.
    On board with Biegel as well
    I'd love it if we just stack up pass rushers today
    If ya thrown enough crap to the wall something will stick

Then go sign every UDFA in the secondary and OL that will come to GB
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I'd like to see us get a PR/KR today. With Hyde gone and if Davis ends up in the dog house again, we need someone to return punts. I guess Cobb could do it, but I'd rather see someone else.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    I think Marlon Mack is a better overall running back than Perine. I don't think the Packers should necessarily look to replace Lacy with another Lacy like guy. Mack in my opinion is the best running back available.

I wouldn't be mad if we took the OL from Pittsburgh but still hoping for my RB

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    On board with Biegel as well
    I'd love it if we just stack up pass rushers today
    If ya thrown enough crap to the wall something will stick

Then go sign every UDFA in the secondary and OL that will come to GB
    TT has been flinging nothing but shit at the wall for quite a while and hardly any has stuck. Time to abandon that theory.

I don't think Biegel will last to the end of the fourth round but if he is there the Packers should grab him. I don't think he is the overall athlete as Watt, but I think he could bring just as much value as Watt brings in the first round

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    A month or two ago I didn't know many of these guys from Adam. Yeah, I've seen some play. Some of the Badgers. Some Big Ten guys. A few SEC guys. I've heard of others, but haven't seen them play.

So my opinion doesn't count for much.

I do like to hear first hand accounts of guys though. Like when Fritz says he's seen a lot of Malik McDowell and the guy is a cancer. Those kinds of comments are incisive and, in this case gratifying, since McDowell went to the Seahawks and the damnable Pete Carroll.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    I don't think Biegel will last to the end of the fourth round but if he is there the Packers should grab him. I don't think he is the overall athlete as Watt, but I think he could bring just as much value as Watt brings in the first round
    I agree with this. I fear the injury risk, but for a fourth rounder it's worth the gamble. He seemed like the bigger play maker last year early, while TJ was getting more up to speed.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Perine seems like the easy call here; he's BPA nearly everywhere I go but TT most likely knows better. Tex, he's been productive and looks like he could start in the NFL. Why don't you like him ? He seems like an easier call than our 1st rounder, who we almost had to draft given the current state of our secondary
    This pick is a 'no brainer'. Look at his film (LINK below). Ted Thompson PLEASE pick RB Samaje Perine. I have checked and a lot of Packer fans want this guy and we need a real RB.

Samaje Perine is the obvious choice. He is out of sight strong (30 Rep's and overall solid meaureables) and a real team guy.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profil...ine?id=2558138

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/s...1&action=click

I'll be disappointed if TT passes on Samaje Perine and especially so given the need.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 04-29-2017 at 10:32 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

we need pass rush bad

i didn't like the third pick yesterday, how many fucking d-linemen do you need when you only play 2 or 3 at a time?

Day Three Prospects for the Packers
    Marlon Mack RB USF - he has some quickness and vision that is on par with the elite backs in this draft. He will try to avoid contact
    Howard Wilson CB Houston - also a kick returner. has the frame and numbers but needs to mature his body
    Nico Seragusa OG SDST - Mauler at offensive guard
    Isaac Asiata OG Utah - Decent athlete could be a bit soft at times
    Vince Beigel OLB Wisconsin - Nonstop motor loves the game
    Carl Lawson OLB Auburn - Aggressive but stiff probably best athlete left as a 3-4 edge rusher
    Anthony Walker Jr. MLB Northwestern - Muscle bound fellow, aggressive and has some speed 4.65 forty
    Blair Brown MLB Ohio - Spark plug type player, good athlete quick, he has to get stronger
    Jarron Jones DL Notre Dame - Mixed bag.
    Jaleel Johnson DL Iowa - He is a hustler and has size
    Noah Brown WR Ohio St -Very young and probably should have stayed in school, but he is a big bulk receiver
    Dede Westbrook WR Oklahoma St - painfully thin in the lower body but he is fucking fast and can run great routes
    Jeremy Sprinkle TE Arkansas - Good blocker and and offers some pretty good speed at the position
    Jeremy McNichols RB Boise St - Pretty complete back decent size, not very sudden
    Samaje Perine RB Oklahoma St - Big back runs like a bulldozer and is one cut and go runner
    Brian Hill RB Wyoming - good size and production for an every down back, may lack vision and elite natural ability to run the football at the next level

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    I think Marlon Mack is a better overall running back than Perine. I don't think the Packers should necessarily look to replace Lacy with another Lacy like guy. Mack in my opinion is the best running back available.
    Here is film of your guy. He's quick and has great balance. He lacks Samaje Perine's power and strength and has excellent balance and sheds tacklers with ease.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEEweKyYcDA

Samaje 'The Real Deal' Perine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-hxd55alKE
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Ted waiting for a call.

Yes!!!!!