Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Official Day 3 Of The 2017 NFL Draft Thread

Here is everything you need to know about TT's Pick in Round Six. It may not be inspirational. :

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profil...hia?id=2558855

Well at least (maybe) Center Kofi Amichia out of S. Florida AAC is a handsome man, because he sure doesn't appear useful.

Even Red Green is scratching his head over this last TT Pick.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Yep. BTW, you should get credit for finding that site. Really makes comparing them much more simple and its far more accurate than a list of numbers from their workout.
    I hope he works out. That means that the two top candidates to take over Lang's position long term -- Patrick and Amichia -- are top rated SPARQ guys.

(By the way, nice play!)
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Rob Reischel‏ @robreischel

Most believe Amichia projects as OG. Fits #Packers pattern of turning tackles into guards.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Here is everything you need to know about TT's Pick in Round Six. It may not be inspirational. :

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profil...hia?id=2558855

Well at least (maybe) Center Kofi Amichia out of S. Florida AAC is a handsome man, because he sure doesn't appear useful.

Even Red Green is scratching his head over this last TT Pick.
    Here are all of the OLman available when TT made this last Sixth Round pick:

Buchanan, Collin OL 6'5" 316 Miami (OH) 5.5
    Collins, Aviante OT 6'4" 295 TCU 5.4
    Gennesy, Avery OT 6'3" 318 Texas A&M 5.4
    Mama, Damien G 6'3" 334 USC 5.4
    Toth, Jon C 6'5" 307 Kentucky 5.3
    Dunker, Jessamen G 6'4" 318 Tennessee St. 5.2
    Seaton, Brad OT 6'7" 310 Villanova 5.2
    Eldrenkamp, Jake OG 6'5" 297 Washington 5.2
    Orlosky, Tyler C 6'3" 298 West Virginia 5.2
    Ware, Jylan OT 6'8" 295 Alabama St. 5.2
    Austell, Erik OT 6'3" 301 Charleston Southern 5.2
    Lee, Cameron OG 6'5" 312 Illinois St. 5.2
    Cooper, Ethan OL 6'2" 322 Indiana (PA) 5.1
    Fuller, Kyle C 6'5" 307 Baylor 5.1
    Ugokwe, Jerry OT 6'7" 321 William & Mary 5.1
    Joseph, Dieugot OT 6'6" 293 Florida International 5.1
    Pankey, Adam OG 6'5" 324 West Virginia 5.1
    Skipper, Dan OT 6'10" 309 Arkansas 5.1
    Kalis, Kyle OG 6'4" 308 Michigan 5.0
    Bond, Deyshawn C 6'2" 287 Cincinnati 5.0
    Braden, Ben OG 6'6" 329 Michigan 5.0
    Wheeler, Chad C 6'7" 306 USC 5.0
    Magnuson, Erik OG 6'6" 305 Michigan 5.0
    Norton, Storm OT 6'8" 311 Toledo 4.9
    Leff, Robert OT 6'6" 299 Auburn 4.9
    Myers, Levon OT 6'5" 309 Northern Illinois 4.9
    Heck, Jon OT 6'7" 300 North Carolina 4.9
    Kozan, Alex OG 6'4" 300 Auburn 4.9
    Goodman, Evan OG 6'4" 306 Arizona State 4.9
    Croston, Cole OT 6'5" 295 Iowa 4.9
    Brunskill, Daniel OT 6'5" 273 San Diego St. 4.9
    Knappe, Andreas OT 6'8" 325 Connecticut 4.9
    Scelfo, Joe C 6'1" 300 N.C. State 4.9
    Rich, Max OT 6'7" 315 Harvard 4.9
    Pyke, Greg OG 6'6" 325 Georgia 4.9
    Johnson, Zack OG 6'4" 317 North Dakota St. 4.9
    Crowley, Lucas C 6'3" 269 North Carolina 4.9
    Andrews, Gavin OG 6'5" 340 Oregon St. 4.9
    Theaker, Nate OG 6'5" 315 Wayne St. (MI) 4.9
    Leamon, Javarius OL 6'7" 332 South Carolina St. 4.9
    Treadway, Bret C 6'3" 249 Lamar 4.9
    Salako, Victor OT 6'6" 335 Oklahoma St. 4.8
    Tom, Cameron C 6'4" 287 Southern Miss 4.8
    Clayborn, Jamaal C 6'4" 315 Mississippi St. 4.8

Peterson, Caleb OG 6'5" 300 North Carolina 4.8
    Are, Kareem OG 6'6" 325 Florida St. 4.8
    McLaughlin, Jonathan OT 6'5" 313 Virginia Tech 4.8
    Hughley, Tobijah C 6'3" 291 Louisville 4.8
    Keizur, Cam C 6'4" 320 Portland St. 4.8
    McMeans, Anthony C 6'2" 313 New Mexico St. 4.8
    Caspers, Johnny C 6'4" 292 Stanford 4.8
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    They must have seen something in Yancey to draft him. It's everyone's right to have a dissenting opinion. I'll just say I don't know squat about many of these players, and it will be fun to see if they can play at this level.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Have you seen Purdue play offense in the last 6 years?

They seriously have had no idea what to do. They are on their fourth offensive system since Joe Tiller retired.

They keep doing the Browns thing, changing horses midstream. One spread, zone read comes in, takes three years to recruit his guys, they are playing terribly, he is fired. Then next coach with different system comes in and can't run their system with the old players. Needs to recruit all new. Then is fired and new guy with system comes in and

Lather, rinse, repeat.
    As a Purdue alum this has been pretty disappointing.

They have had some good quarterbacks that transferred (Etling is starting at LSU, and Appleby had some starts at Florida this year). Yancey has played with at least four different starting QBs, and only this year was the starter the same for the full year.

Also under the last coach (Hazell), they tried to run more but couldn't get the OL recruits to be able to do it. A real mess.
    If Yancey had another year there he might have a better ranking, as the Brohms came in from Western Kentucky and will be throwing it all over the yard.

Thanks for the welcomes, pbmax and Smidgeon, in the contest thread.

Quote Originally Posted by wthigoot View Post
    As a Purdue alum this has been pretty disappointing.

They have had some good quarterbacks that transferred (Etling is starting at LSU, and Appleby had some starts at Florida this year). Yancey has played with at least four different starting QBs, and only this year was the starter the same for the full year.

Also under the last coach (Hazell), they tried to run more but couldn't get the OL recruits to be able to do it. A real mess.
    If Yancey had another year there he might have a better ranking, as the Brohms came in from Western Kentucky and will be throwing it all over the yard.

Thanks for the welcomes, pbmax and Smidgeon, in the contest thread.
    Welcome to Packerrats.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Welcome to Packerrats.
    Thanks woodbuck. Draft time is always interesting.

Wow, RB #3.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    TT just drafted his punt returner. LOL
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Another RB? That's a little surprising...it's odd for a Packer draft choice to not make the final roster, how many are they going to carry?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by wthigoot View Post
    Thanks woodbuck. Draft time is always interesting.

Wow, RB #3.
    Yes TT is loading up at the RB position.

Using the Pick he gained from Denver he takes his 3rd RB of this Draft:

Round Seven and Pick NO. 20 (238 Overall) Packers (From Broncos) TT picks RB Devante Mays and he's 5'11" and weighs 230 out of Utah St. and his NFL.Com Grade is 5.1.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profil...ays?id=2558837

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Built like a truck with muscular legs and a powerful, broad chest. Has a 420-pound bench press to his name. Physical runner with a penchant for finishing with a bowed neck and heavy pads. Looks to accelerate through contact and can create additional yardage with his power through contact. Patient runner willing to follow lead blockers and accelerate when the time is right. Has adequate speed to threaten to the edges and force linebackers to flow hard. Fluid hips and light feet for a back his size. Praised by teammates and coaches for attitude and work ethic.

WEAKNESSES Recurring leg injury robbed him of all but 37 carries this season. Feet aren't always agreeable with his eyes and will get sticky when faced with traffic leaking into the backfield. Vision is inconsistent and he will leave yardage on the field. Appears to lack confidence in some running lanes and tends to scan for larger points of entry. Will need to expedite his processing and be willing to commit to a lane earlier. Had just two career catches at Utah State. Likely an early-down back only.

DRAFT PROJECTION
    Round 7-PFA

BOTTOM LINE After a monstrous performance early in the season against Weber State, Mays was never able to get completely right after injuring his ankle against USC. While he may have slid off of radars after the season, his 4.5-second 40-yard dash and 40.5-inch vertical leap were likely a wake-up call for evaluators who could be intrigued by his size, power and explosiveness. Mays has the physical tools to find his way into a camp and battle for a spot at the back end of the running back depth chart.

-Lance Zierlein

Like Dupre pick, athletic kid who could be a sleeper.

Didn't like what I saw from the RB though, guess TT isn't sold on BYU RB because they have similar styles.

The Packers last Pick of this draft is:

Round Seven and Pick NO. 29 (247 Overall) Packers Pick WR Malachi Dupre ....6'2" and 196 lbs From LSU NFL.COM Grade at 5.4

This guy fell down the board a long ways. He was ranked 64th on NFL.Com's TOP 150.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profil...pre?id=2558095

OVERVIEW

Malachi Dupre (Mal-uh-kye Doo-pree) was not voted first or second-team all-conference during his career, and has not ranked among the more prolific receivers in the country due to the Tigers' inconsistent quarterback play. Dupre actually led LSU in receptions and receiving yards each of the past two seasons, even though his statistics aren't extraordinary (43-698, six TDs in 2015; 41-593, three TDs in 2016). The former five-star prospect and high school state champion triple, long, and high-jumper from New Orleans was voted to the SEC's All-Freshman team in 2014, however, by averaging 22.7 yards per reception (14-318, five TDs).

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Has desired size and athletic ability. Experienced at multiple receiver spots. More talented than production would dictate. Tracks the deep throws like an outfielder and can adjust catch positioning without taking his eye off the ball. Consistently solid catch rate throughout his career. Adjusts to low throws and balls behind him to make the catch. Looks to turn it up the field quickly after the catch. Dips low and drives through cornerbacks while stretching for additional yardage. Small sample size during freshman season gave hints of his downfield potential.

WEAKNESSES Lacks upfield juice into his routes. Vertical push doesn't appear to threaten cornerbacks. Needs to play faster off the snap. Slow to sink and open on curls. Needs a greater commitment to nuances of route-running in order to improve his separation. Tends to tip his hand early allowing cornerbacks to match his patterns. Stalk-blocker with marginal aggression and sustain after initial contact.

DRAFT PROJECTION Rounds 3-4

SOURCES TELL US "I was asked by someone at the school about where he would be drafted if he came out and I told them on the third day. I recommended he go back to school. His size is interesting but I don't see a fast player." - NFC Personnel Director

BOTTOM LINE Big target who has suffered from arrested development due, in part, to quarterback inconsistencies at LSU. Dupre is a developmental receiver with some upside but it could take some time before he's ready to contribute. Could be a potential third or fourth wide receiver with time and coaching.

-Lance Zierlein

These are the final remaining players on the NFL.COM TOP 150 that remained as not drafted:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...yers-available

103. Ricky Seals-Jones, TE, Texas A&M
    106. Ishmael Zamora, WR, Baylor

116. KD Cannon, WR, Baylor

135. Jessamen Dunker, OG, Tennessee St.
    136. Fadol Brown, DE, Ole Miss
    137. Collin Buchanan, OT, Miami (Ohio)
    138. Avery Gennesy, OT, Texas A&M

147. Brandon Barnes, TE, Alabama St.

Well, those crying for a fat boy RB finally got their wish with Mays. Dupre seems like a really good prospect. Is it my imagination, or was there a lot of really good WRs either drafted late or not drafted at all?

Those two Baylor guys on the list immediately above are real studs, for example.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

so

not resigning eddy lacy just cost us 3 draft picks

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    so

not resigning eddy lacy just cost us 3 draft picks
    Yes, Ted has never drafted multiple RBs before and has never drafted one when he has a former vet starter available.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

M3 PC

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 33m33 minutes ago
    Josh Jones is a "multiple position player" MM says about the second-round safety. Similar to Hyde (but bigger). "We need to play more DBs"

MM on the new RBs' styles: They all can play three downs, MM says. They all have the physicality to play late-season games.

McCarthy is here: Bigger and faster. Lost Shields and Hyde. They'll have an opportunity for similar roles.

1,100 snaps lost with Jones and Peppers. That's 1,100 snaps of opportunity for guys like Fackrell. (and Elliott and Biegel)

MM on Biegel: I'm hoping he'll be very good as a rusher. Likes his play style.

SOUNDS LIKE ITS OLB FOR BIEGEL

MM onJahri Evans: Very good fit, very knowledgeable. Good tape last year.

MM on CB group: Will focus heavily on passing game during OTAs.

Tom Silverstein‏ @TomSilverstein 29m29 minutes ago
    Mike McCarthy: Ty Montgomery is our starting running back.

Michael Cohen‏ @Michael_Cohen13 25m25 minutes ago
    McCarthy says he anticipates Kyle Murphy competing at right guard and right tackle. He has a better chance if he can move inside. #Packers

Ryan Wood‏Verified account @ByRyanWood 37m37 minutes ago
    McCarthy with big statement for #Packers defense: "Let's face it, we need to play more DBs." More versatility and speed to help coverage.

Ryan Wood @ByRyanWood 1h1 hour ago
    Demovsky asks Thompson asked how many drafts he has left in him with #Packers. Chuckles. "I don't know," he said. "How do I look?"

Wes Hodkiewicz‏Verified account @WesHod 36m36 minutes ago
    McCarthy: "We need to play more DBs. To have players that can play multiple positions" #Packers
    Last edited by pbmax; 04-29-2017 at 07:10 PM.