Thread: Official Vince Biegel 2017 Fourth Round Choice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    There is ample evidence that teams cannot identify successful NFL players at better than a 50% clip. None of them do that well over time.

So quantity over "quality" is a winning strategy. That isn't to say you want all 7th round picks, but you do want more rather than less overall.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    There is ample evidence that teams cannot identify successful NFL players at better than a 50% clip. None of them do that well over time.

So quantity over "quality" is a winning strategy. That isn't to say you want all 7th round picks, but you do want more rather than less overall.
    You're missing the point...

The point is - if you don't trade up from a given spot, you can't force a pick for a player based on position. I would rather have seen him take a player with more upside at another position, than to spend a valuable mid-round pick on a guy with a low ceiling simply b/c he plays a position of need.

Like I said, watch his game tape of the LSU game.
    wist