Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Official Vince Biegel 2017 Fourth Round Choice

Quote Originally Posted by LEWCWA View Post
    Where you from---I went to school with Rocky and TD.
    Went to college in eau claire. It was all rocky this and rocky that.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I went to DC Everest. Graduated in 1988. We played Rapids at home my senior year. Rocky was the biggest non-lineman we played against all year. Actually, he was bigger than most linemen. He was a damn impressive football player. His brother TD was pretty darn good too.

Quote Originally Posted by StPaulPackFan View Post
    I went to DC Everest. Graduated in 1988. We played Rapids at home my senior year. Rocky was the biggest non-lineman we played against all year. Actually, he was bigger than most linemen. He was a damn impressive football player. His brother TD was pretty darn good too.
    Yeah they were both pretty good, good guys too......Rocky probably would have went to the nfl, but I think his shoulders were destroyed at the end at byu.....td was shorter, but legs like a rb, I just don't think he was fast enough.

hmmmm all the way up in Eau Claire.....I don't even remember him being that big a deal at home. Probably because he was a pretty good guy and not an ass...

Blog Entries
    so, for posterity sake...who would you have taken with first pick in 4th.
    I think I would have taken Samaje Perine

But my second pick there would have Biegel

Followed by Dede Westbrook

I'm happy with Biegel; good pick by Ted
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

It's starting to look like another fragile TT pick. Hopefully he's just getting it all done before the season gets here.

so, for posterity sake...who would you have taken with first pick in 4th.
    For posterity, and without putting any elbow grease into it...

Samaje Perine, RB
    Carl Lawson, LB
    Dorian Johnson, G
    Josh Reynolds, WR

I just don't see Beigel making plays... and can't fathom why anyone would think of him as an ILB.
    wist

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post

Samaje Perine, RB
    Carl Lawson, LB
    Dorian Johnson, G
    Josh Reynolds, WR

I just don't see Beigel making plays... and can't fathom why anyone would think of him as an ILB.

Didn't you hate Borland too ? Trying to remember. My gut says the same guys who noted Borland can play at a NFL level or ranting the same jibberish about Biegel
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Didn't you hate Borland too ? Trying to remember. My gut says the same guys who noted Borland can play at a NFL level or ranting the same jibberish about Biegel
    No I didn't like Borland... he only played one year and had crazy talent all around him, so you can't extrapolate that out. Hell, if you threw Biegel out there with that much talent, I'm sure he'd look halfway competent too.

Don't think Biegel' s ceiling is very high, but Ted tends to like those kinds of guys.
    wist

No I didn't like Borland... he only played one year and had crazy talent all around him, so you can't extrapolate that out. Hell, if you threw Biegel out there with that much talent, I'm sure he'd look halfway competent too.

Don't think Biegel' s ceiling is very high, but Ted tends to like those kinds of guys.
    Don't forget Ted also tends to like the soft, frail types.

So is Beigel another Carl Bradford? I see this as the opposite end of the spectrum. No he isn't tremendously athletic and he might have a lowish ceiling but he might also have a high floor. What does it matter if he gets 8 sacks though?

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    So is Beigel another Carl Bradford? I see this as the opposite end of the spectrum. No he isn't tremendously athletic and he might have a lowish ceiling but he might also have a high floor. What does it matter if he gets 8 sacks though?
    Is Beigel another Ricky Elmore? Lesser heralded teammate of an OLB who went higher with many arguing they had just as much success considering the circumstances...
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by LEWCWA View Post
    Yeah they were both pretty good, good guys too......Rocky probably would have went to the nfl, but I think his shoulders were destroyed at the end at byu.....td was shorter, but legs like a rb, I just don't think he was fast enough.
    I actually thought rocky played in the nfl for a cup of coffee. Googled it and I guess not. Probably because so many people talked about him like he was a god I got confused.

Samaje Perine, RB
    Carl Lawson, LB
    Dorian Johnson, G
    Josh Reynolds, WR

Thats good, but TT only had one pick so thats all you get. Perine then since you listed him first?

Blog Entries

It's ok to admit you were wrong; I hope you are again

Assuming you watched and broke down Borland's play in his first year....you've made my point for me

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Don't forget Ted also tends to like the soft, frail types.
    And for the record. Your pick at 4.1 was?

Blog Entries
    Thats good, but TT only had one pick so thats all you get. Perine then since you listed him first?

Perine seemed to be the guy everybody wanted there; I hope TT was right and Beigel kills it

I get that, but I bet one of our rookie RB's outperforms Perine. I just don't like that style of a back.

I get that, but I bet one of our rookie RB's outperforms Perine. I just don't like that style of a back.
    no way. he'll be their starting rb i bet. one of our rookies (williams) won't get that many carries.

I agree on both counts. Perine may or may not be a bust. I'm not gonna label him that way, but I'd be very surprised if he is star quality.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?