Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Official Vince Biegel 2017 Fourth Round Choice

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    It's ok to admit you were wrong; I hope you are again

Assuming you watched and broke down Borland's play in his first year....you've made my point for me
    Borland was a limited player... for what they asked him to do, he did it well; but again, he was in the middle of the most talented defense in the NFL at the time, and I can assure you no one was game planning to account for him.

He was a 2nd round pick I think, and there's no way I would take him there then, or now.

I think we have differing views of what to expect from draft picks... I'm looking to hit home runs, you (and Ted) seem fine with blooping singles.
    wist

The thing with Biegel is that it seems like he should make a play, or at least get in on the play, but he doesn't get off the block when it looks like he should be able to; or, he doesn't close the gap, or he doesn't get to the boundary, etc...

It's kind of frustrating to watch him b/c he looks like he should make a given play, but more often than not, doesn't.
    wist

Blog Entries
    You also hated JJ Watt, right ?
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Well, Bretsky, this is one of the few times I'm with Wist.Biegel looks to me like a try-hard guy who's always just a fraction late to make a play.

He's already hit his ceiling, I think. He'll knock around as a backup for a few years, then go off into coaching some small-town Wisconsin Division III college team.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

He looked a lot better than that before his injuries. Hopefully he will get healthy and get back to when he was better than T.J. Watt.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    He looked a lot better than that before his injuries. Hopefully he will get healthy and get back to when he was better than T.J. Watt.
    Most thought Biegel was a better LB than Watt with less upside before the injury. He was a different player after.

I'm a Cardinal and White Homer, but I think Biegel will be a solid player for GB

But for what it's worth, I'd still have grabbed TJ Watt
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    You also hated JJ Watt, right ?
    JJ or TJ??

Don't remember having much of an opinion on JJ as we had no realistic chance of drafting him...

As for TJ, no I didn't want him either.
    wist