Thread: Official Jamaal Williams 2017 Packers Fourth Round Draft Pick

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Down and distance battle. Win it however you can. On defense, you stop the run, you can setup a pass rush. On offense, you run the ball effectively, you can dictate terms better on 2nd or 3rd and manageable.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Down and distance battle. Win it however you can. On defense, you stop the run, you can setup a pass rush. On offense, you run the ball effectively, you can dictate terms better on 2nd or 3rd and manageable.
    I disagree on both counts.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I disagree on both counts.
    When do you ever not want 2nd or 3rd and manageable on offense?

When do you ever not want 3rd and long on defense?

I don't long for run first to come back to the NFL. Even having a stud QB, I still believe in having the real threat of a run game to keep the defense off balance and on their heels. I know AR does well in the scramble drill, and maybe that's what it takes sometimes for the receivers to get uncovered. Having a real run game will make them that much more potent.

When the Packers D gives up big chunks of run yards and leaves short yardage conversions, they struggle to apply pressure, for obvious reasons. I've heard Capers and others say it starts with stopping the run.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

I understand how you might prefer this style of football, however stopping the run is no longer the primary job for defence, especially not in a passing league. Stopping the run is still important, but it is secondary to the passing defence.

Geriatric Rat All-Pro
    If you said this sitting on a barstool in the 70s, all the tavern patrons would nod their heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleft Crusty View Post
    If you said this sitting on a barstool in the 70s, all the tavern patrons would nod their heads.
    Hey Cleft! Are you getting Bob McGinn's old job?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Hey Cleft! Are you getting Bob McGinn's old job?

That would be a job I can naturally walk into.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

The problems with that approach on offense are that its predictable on early downs and leads to a lot of third and longs.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.