Thread: Official Jamaal Williams 2017 Packers Fourth Round Draft Pick

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I don't know if he can catch but his running style is a bit of a cross between James Starks and Matt Forte. Runs a bit upright, spins out of a lot of tackles, a bit heavy footed but a nice one cut runner.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I don't know if he can catch but his running style is a bit of a cross between James Starks and Matt Forte. Runs a bit upright, spins out of a lot of tackles, a bit heavy footed but a nice one cut runner.
    I think this is the RB you end with when scouts watch film with coaches.

Jones is the guy you get when scouts watch film with a measurables spreadsheet nearby.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Gamblin' Rat
    Matt Waldman has Williams as his #6 RB:

"An underrated option,
    Williams is physical, quicker
    than his Combine data, and
    versatile. Williams' work to
    make decisions at the
    reaction to instinct gives him
    as much upside as any back
    in this draft"

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Ryan Grant - no nonsense, good decision maker, fall forward, tough guy

We have an AR powered offense. We need consistent yards not hit or miss. Good down and distance fuels ARs game. Perfect fit.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    Ryan Grant - no nonsense, good decision maker, fall forward, tough guy

We have an AR powered offense. We need consistent yards not hit or miss. Good down and distance fuels ARs game. Perfect fit.
    This is what I see too. Ryan Grant minus the 6th gear. No dancing, no cute stuff, just hit the hole full speed, cut north/south, and run. Might not create a lot of yards on his own but won't leave any on the field either. Hopefully he's got Grant's ball security too.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.