Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Official Jamaal Williams 2017 Packers Fourth Round Draft Pick

Even if he keeps his weight in check, there will always be injury concerns with him. Injuries were a concern when he was drafted. That won't change as he gets older, even if he keeps his weight down.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Even if he keeps his weight in check, there will always be injury concerns with him. Injuries were a concern when he was drafted. That won't change as he gets older, even if he keeps his weight down.
    True, but he probably wouldn't have been out all of the season last year if not forced to play on one foot due to TT's piss poor planning. Lacy will have an excellent year, much better than any GB back will have.

I seriously doubt that. Seattle's oline is terrible and Lacy has never shown to be able to last an entire season.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    True, but he probably wouldn't have been out all of the season last year if not forced to play on one foot due to TT's piss poor planning. Lacy will have an excellent year, much better than any GB back will have.
    When I first read this, I thought it was someone's smart-aleck post - ha ha, look at all those blindly anti-Ted posters who would even blame Lacy's weight and injury problems on TT!! Ha ha!

Then I saw it who posted it.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    When I first read this, I thought it was someone's smart-aleck post - ha ha, look at all those blindly anti-Ted posters who would even blame Lacy's weight and injury problems on TT!! Ha ha!

Then I saw it who posted it.
    Lacy was already injured when put on the spot to play because TT did not have a plan for the RB situation last season. Yes I know the almighty Ted could not have foreseen the problems at RB, although that's his job. So he should not have been expected to have a plausible back up plan when the impossible happens. Although he's supposedly the best at this and paid millions to do it.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    To be honest, Lacy never tried to hurdle players until his ankle was hurt. He always did the spin move.

I think hurdling as a 270 lb human being cannot be a smart move no matter who you are.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Lacy played because the medical staff cleared him to play, MM put him in the game and called his number to carry the ball. I don't see how TT factored into any that.

As far as depth at RB, Starks was set to play that game until he had a setback in the Saturday practice, and was ruled out.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    To be honest, Lacy never tried to hurdle players until his ankle was hurt. He always did the spin move.

I think hurdling as a 270 lb human being cannot be a smart move no matter who you are.
    It was strange, wasn't it? Seemed like the wrong thing to do on a gimpy ankle, and he did it repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    It was strange, wasn't it? Seemed like the wrong thing to do on a gimpy ankle, and he did it repeatedly.
    I heard some talking head say that it may have been easier to hurdle than spin with the injury he had.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    I heard some talking head say that it may have been easier to hurdle than spin with the injury he had.
    That does make some sense. It actually worked very well for him. Maybe he now has a new move in his repertoire. We might find out in week 1.

If only Ted had been clairvoyant enough to know he number 1-4rbs would get hurt so he could have a pro bowler waiting on the practice squad. Worst GM ever

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    If only Ted had been clairvoyant enough to know he number 1-4rbs would get hurt so he could have a pro bowler waiting on the practice squad. Worst GM ever
    His decision to have only 2 running backs (3 with Ripkowski) seemed strange at the time. He should have gone into the season with more depth at RB. Both Starks and Lacy had an injury history.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    His decision to have only 2 running backs (3 with Ripkowski) seemed strange at the time. He should have gone into the season with more depth at RB. Both Starks and Lacy had an injury history.
    Crockett and Jackson were 3 and 4. Both lost for the season.

Blog Entries
    Crockett and Jackson were 3 and 4. Both lost for the season.

Trying to argue those two were NFL Calibur ? I think the issue was they were our #3 and #4 RB's for those who want to argue we were short there. I think they both stunk. You can argue we didn't see much; that is fine. There was a reason they were undraftable.

I think what they could find on wavers had equal talent.

And the guy who turned out to be their #5 RB in Montgomery was far more talented than either.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Trying to argue those two were NFL Calibur ? I think the issue was they were our #3 and #4 RB's for those who want to argue we were short there. I think they both stunk. You can argue we didn't see much; that is fine. There was a reason they were undraftable.

I think what they could find on wavers had equal talent.

And the guy who turned out to be their #5 RB in Montgomery was far more talented than either.
    Do a league wide check of the RBs in the NFL and let me know how many 3rd and 4th stringers are good. If you want to argue that Lacy never stays healthy then fine. I did hear quite a bit of complaining when 3 RBs were drafted this year. Cake and eat it too I guess.

Blog Entries
    Do a league wide check of the RBs in the NFL and let me know how many 3rd and 4th stringers are good. If you want to argue that Lacy never stays healthy then fine. I did hear quite a bit of complaining when 3 RBs were drafted this year. Cake and eat it too I guess.
    I think t was solid to draft 3 RB's. If we hit on 2 that really helps and all three of those guys IMO have more ability than Don Jackson and the other dude.

Off top of my head without even thinking...
    San Diego...Phily....Jets...Lions....Cards...Steelers. ..Patriots...come to mind as the cup not being as bare. But I'm too lazy to look up all the rosters....I'm sure I'd be able to add more if I did.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    The original 53 man roster included Lacy, Starks, Burks, Ripkowski and Montgomery (yes, I think they viewed him as a future RB at that time, because they did last year.) That group was revised just a few days later when they got Jhurell Pressley off waivers and released Burks. Jackson was signed in the original group of practice squad players. So, they went into the season with three legit RBs on the roster plus Montgomery and Ripkowski, with Jackson on the practice squad.

I think t was solid to draft 3 RB's. If we hit on 2 that really helps and all three of those guys IMO have more ability than Don Jackson and the other dude.

San Diego...Phily....Jets...Lions....Cards...Steelers. ..Patriots...come to mind as the cup not being as bare. But I'm too lazy to look up all the rosters....I'm sure I'd be able to add more if I did.
    In the North alone:
    How about Jerrick McKinnon and Matt Asiata?
    How about Theo Riddick as a #2?
    Maybe you prefer Jeremy Langford or Jaquiz Rogers?

Blog Entries
    When Lacy went down for the year after the Cowboys game in week 5, the Packers were 17th in the league in rushing at 4.1 ypa (25.6 rushes for 105.2 ypg).

By the end of the year, the Packers climbed to 6th best in the league in rushing at 4.5 ypa (22.8 rushers for 103.3 ypg).

The arguments that TT didn't have a plan at RB and/or that the plan he did have hurt the team in some way are baseless.

Two of the draftees might turn out not to be NFL caliber. Its insane what disbelievers about Ted expect. Starting caliber bodies 2 or 3 deep on a 53 man roster.

OK, name the 2016 3rd and 4th stringer for each of those teams. I will get you started by noting the second stringer: Woodhead, Sproles, Powell, Forsett/Abdullah, C Johnson, DeAngelo Williams, James White (Dion Lewis was hurt until Week 10)
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.