Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Official Aaron Jones 2017 Packers Fifth Round Comp Draft Pick

Official Aaron Jones 2017 Packers Fifth Round Comp Draft Pick

All of you worry worts can now stop bleating about running back being a need.

The first three names listed at RB on the pSparkq athletic rankings page are Breida (obviously a water filtration system) and Brionte (obviously a new bread snack from Panera). Third on the list is Aaron Jones, which means other than consumer products, the new Packers RB is the most athletically gifted RB in this years draft. His overall numbers put him in the Top 88% of NFL running backs athletically.

He's 5'9" and 208, which will make for funny pictures with the upright and lean J Williams. He is sub 4.5 in the 40 (4.49) and ran the first 10 in 1.51. His SS was 4.2 (very good), 3Cone was 6.82 (very good, only one appreciably better was McCaffrey with an unreal 6.57). His bench press was mediocre at 16 but vertical was 37.5 and broad jump was 10.58.

And his helmet was too big for his head.

Last edited by pbmax; 04-29-2017 at 04:13 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

NFL.com http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profil...nes?id=2558116

OVERVIEW
    Aaron and his twin brother, Alvin, were El Paso kids that weren't highly rated, so staying around home made sense. It's worked out well for UTEP, as Alvin has led the team in tackles the past two years while Aaron amassed over 4,000 rushing yards during his career. Aaron led the Miners with 811 yards as a freshman, scoring four times, even though he missed three games due to a broken rib. Healthy throughout 2014, he earned second-team All-Conference USA honors with 1,321 yards (5.5 per) and 11 scores (also 30-293, three TDs receiving). The good luck didn't stay in his junior year, however, as he suffered a torn ligament in his left ankle in practice. Jones exploded in 2016 after that redshirt year, ranking fourth in the FBS with 1,773 rushing yards and scoring 17 times (28-233, three TDs receiving). He was a first-team All-Conference USA pick in his final year.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I didn't study the prospects much this year, so it's fun to learn about them. Seems like a good kid. Army brat. Well spoken.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Highlights 2014-2015

2016 Highlights

2014 Game Film

2015 Game Film

2016 Game Film

This guy loves him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTZfXXYHn2U
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up2V99rJ_CU

This Player Profiler site seems to love a lot of these midround picks for the Packers.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Change your thread title pb. Jones is fifth round compensatory pick not a 6th rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by SMBASS View Post
    Change your thread title pb. Jones is fifth round compensatory pick not a 6th rounder.
    Thanks Bass. I thought for a moment I was out of sync but forgot to check.

The more I study him the more I like him...he will be the sleeper pick in our draft. Game reminds me of Jamaal Charles.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    I like the three backs the Packers drafted and I like the rounds they were drafted in. Interesting that Thompson took three backs. I think the Packers are going to need all three of them.

Gamblin' Rat
    Matt Waldman has Jones as his #10 RB.
    "Jones is a quick, agile back
    with underrated balance and
    functional power. His pass
    receiving skills are as good
    as any of the backs in this
    class. He's going to surprise
    a team in camp"

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-3-report-card

No. 182 Green Bay Packers: Aaron Jones, Running Back, Texas-El Paso

Powerful runner but small; gained over 2,000 yards for the Miners last year; has some fans among draftnik circles, including Ted Thompson, of course. Something about seeing Christine Michael near the top of a depth chart gets teams to prioritize multiple selections at running back. Grade: Good.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    His overall numbers put him in the Top 88% of NFL running backs athletically.]
    I just read this for the first time and i had to chuckle. I'm really hoping you mean he is in the top 12%.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I just read this for the first time and i had to chuckle. I'm really hoping you mean he is in the top 12%.
    Yep. Assuming I am reading their chart correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    This guy loves him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTZfXXYHn2U
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up2V99rJ_CU

This Player Profiler site seems to love a lot of these midround picks for the Packers.
    Interesting that some people were that high on him.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Interesting that some people were that high on him.
    Last two games certainly make it look like the Pack has found an answer at RB.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

88th Percentile = Top 12%

The new starter.

Does Montgomery move into the third-down-back role soon? Start him another game or two, just to show some respect, then turn it over to A. Jones?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Does Montgomery move into the third-down-back role soon? Start him another game or two, just to show some respect, then turn it over to A. Jones?
    I don't think the plan was ever to have Monty be exclusively a third down back. I imagine Stubby will move them around like chess pieces, with no easily discernible rhyme or reason, necessitating a long thread with extensive statistically murky back-and-forths between Vince and PBmax, dissecting the essential nature of their duality.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I don't think the plan was ever to have Monty be exclusively a third down back. I imagine Stubby will move them around like chess pieces, with no easily discernible rhyme or reason, necessitating a long thread with extensive statistically murky back-and-forths between Vince and PBmax, dissecting the essential nature of their duality.
    Until they both get hurt and Davante Mays is elevated to the starting role and we ponder the mystery of how Williams could be a fourth round pick on anybody's board.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack