Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2017 Packers UDFA Signings

Last edited by gbgary; 04-30-2017 at 03:03 PM.

Jonathan Calvin looks interesting - I wonder if they'll try to make him a gigantic OLB, or play the 5-tech?

I like Donatello Brown, just for his name. But he weighs so little the only guy he's heavy enough to cover is Abbrederis.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    He actually played LB in college, they say his best chance to make it in the NFL is at FB but he's coming here to try at LB.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    He actually played LB in college, they say his best chance to make it in the NFL is at FB but he's coming here to try at LB.
    you're right. i misread it. thx.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    Wonder is Taysom Hill will change positions....go the Michael Robinson route and switch to an FB/TE hybrid. Don't think he has it as a QB but the kid is a football player.
    I was wondering the same thing. Ran a 4.46 40 at his workout. Rushed for over 1300 yards one year at BYU in addition to 2900 passing yards.

Tom Silverstein‏ @TomSilverstein 3h3 hours ago
    #Packers have signed UNC-Charlotte RB Kalif Phillips as an undrafted free agent. He's 5-9 1/2, 218. Ran the 40 in 4.64. Averaged 4.8 / carry
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Kalif Phillips
    Running back
    SCHOOL: CHARLOTTE | CONFERENCE: C-USA
    HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 5-9.5 / 218 | 40: 4.64 | DRAFT YR:2017
    Rankings

GRADE
    PROJECTED ROUND
    FA
    Bio:
    Three-year starter named Honorable Mention All-Conference USA in 2016 after rushing 189 times for 907 yards and four touchdowns and catching 20 passes for 242 yards and an additional score. Earned Second Team All-Conference USA honors as a junior, carrying 190 times for 961 yards and five touchdowns. Rushed for 1,436 yards and 20 touchdowns in 2014. Didn’t record a start as a true freshman but led Charlotte with 716 rushing yards and 12 touchdowns on 129 carries.
    Pos:
    Sturdy interior ball carrier with the ability to create yardage. Patient, displays terrific vision and finds the running lanes. Quick-footed, fluid cutting back against the grain and shows the ability to set defenders up and make them miss. Effectively uses blocks everywhere on the field and bounces around defenders or avoids piles. Runs solid pass routes and effectively picks up blocking assignments.
    Neg:
    Not a natural hands-catcher and drops too many easy throws. One-speed back who lacks a burst and cannot beat defenders into the open field.
    Analysis:
    Phillips is a tough, hard-working interior ball carrier with possibilities as a short-yardage runner or situational back.
    VIEW MORE RUNNING BACK RANKINGS

Blog Entries
    CB looks a little crowded for a sleeper to emerge with Hawkins and Waters possibly developing and fighting for what could be one spot, but here's a guy to keep an eye on. Some of these guys probably have more upside than Gunter if they develop into anything. Waters got some big praise from Whitt earlier.

Lenzy Pipkins, CB OK St.
    As far as his credentials go, Pipkins played 34 games over 3 years at Louisiana-Monroe and an additional year as a senior at Oklahoma State. Over his 4 years, Pipkins amassed 9 PBUÂ’s, 3 interceptions, and 142 total tackles.

Physically Pipkins measured in at 6Â’0 196-pounds, and ran a 4.46, making Lenzy a mirror image of Damarious Randall.

In terms of play style, Pipkins reminds me of second round draft pick, Josh Jones. He is a tackling machine that seems to love and embrace contact. Considering the pure violence of the Packers draft picks, I tend to think Green Bay is looking for players with an edge. Pipkins certainly has that.
    Last edited by vince; 07-03-2017 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    CB looks a little crowded ....

Lenzy Pipkins, CB OK St.
    Finally, a name we can get excited about. Pipsqueak will make us all proud.

#StillMissScorpioBabers
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    There's a 60% chance Lenzy Pipkins will be starting by week 10.

#APRH
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Finally, a name we can get excited about. Pipsqueak will make us all proud.

#StillMissScorpioBabers
    Maybe pikmin?

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.