Round Seven and Pick NO. 29 (247 Overall) Packers Pick WR Malachi Dupre ....6'2" and 196 lbs From LSU NFL.COM Grade at 5.4

This guy fell down the board a long ways. He was ranked 64th on NFL.Com's TOP 150.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profil...pre?id=2558095

OVERVIEW
Malachi Dupre (Mal-uh-kye Doo-pree) was not voted first or second-team all-conference during his career, and has not ranked among the more prolific receivers in the country due to the Tigers' inconsistent quarterback play. Dupre actually led LSU in receptions and receiving yards each of the past two seasons, even though his statistics aren't extraordinary (43-698, six TDs in 2015; 41-593, three TDs in 2016). The former five-star prospect and high school state champion triple, long, and high-jumper from New Orleans was voted to the SEC's All-Freshman team in 2014, however, by averaging 22.7 yards per reception (14-318, five TDs).

STRENGTHS
Has desired size and athletic ability. Experienced at multiple receiver spots. More talented than production would dictate. Tracks the deep throws like an outfielder and can adjust catch positioning without taking his eye off the ball. Consistently solid catch rate throughout his career. Adjusts to low throws and balls behind him to make the catch. Looks to turn it up the field quickly after the catch. Dips low and drives through cornerbacks while stretching for additional yardage. Small sample size during freshman season gave hints of his downfield potential.

WEAKNESSES
Lacks upfield juice into his routes. Vertical push doesn't appear to threaten cornerbacks. Needs to play faster off the snap. Slow to sink and open on curls. Needs a greater commitment to nuances of route-running in order to improve his separation. Tends to tip his hand early allowing cornerbacks to match his patterns. Stalk-blocker with marginal aggression and sustain after initial contact.

DRAFT PROJECTION Rounds 3-4

SOURCES TELL US
"I was asked by someone at the school about where he would be drafted if he came out and I told them on the third day. I recommended he go back to school. His size is interesting but I don't see a fast player." - NFC Personnel Director

BOTTOM LINE
Big target who has suffered from arrested development due, in part, to quarterback inconsistencies at LSU. Dupre is a developmental receiver with some upside but it could take some time before he's ready to contribute. Could be a potential third or fourth wide receiver with time and coaching.

-Lance Zierlein

h/t woodbuck