Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell me again how the Packers have faith in Ty Montgomery.

Tell me again how the Packers have faith in Ty Montgomery.

Sure looks like faith when they draft 3 RB's.

Or less faith in the backups.

Last time they needed a starter, they took one late in round 2. This time their first RB was late Round 4.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Tom Silverstein‏ @TomSilverstein 29m29 minutes ago
    Mike McCarthy: Ty Montgomery is our starting running back.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

We have no one behind him though

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Or less faith in the backups.

Last time they needed a starter, they took one late in round 2. This time their first RB was late Round 4.
    They know they will NEED the back ups as Monty is not able to handle it full time.

If anything this shows lack of faith in Christine Michael as a backup and/or John Crockett. 3 low round picks are not a threat to Montgomery.

If this is a pass first team, as it damn well better be, Montgomery won't be carrying all that big a load.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    They know they will NEED the back ups as Monty is not able to handle it full time.
    C'mon, this is just whistling past the graveyard. How many RBs are a go for 16 games?

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    C'mon, this is just whistling past the graveyard. How many RBs are a go for 16 games?
    He won't even make it to the bye without missing time.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    That may be true but I would bet very few running backs make it to the midway point of the season healthy

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    That may be true but I would bet very few running backs make it to the midway point of the season healthy
    I didn't say healthy, I said missing playing time.

Sure looks like faith when they draft 3 RB's.
    So you expected Green Bay to go into training camp with Ty Montgomery as basically the only RB on the entire roster?

We had to replace Starks and Lacy just from the 53 man roster...let alone the 3-4 other kids we'd bring in for camp. Only a complete idiot would suggest taking 3 RBs in the latter half of the draft is a sign that Green Bay has no faith in Ty.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    So you expected Green Bay to go into training camp with Ty Montgomery as basically the only RB on the entire roster?

We had to replace Starks and Lacy just from the 53 man roster...let alone the 3-4 other kids we'd bring in for camp. Only a complete idiot would suggest taking 3 RBs in the latter half of the draft is a sign that Green Bay has no faith in Ty.
    Yeah, because they have never went understaffed at RB, oh wait...

Yeah, because they have never went understaffed at RB, oh wait...
    So you are saying it is crazy to be understaffed...but the Packers have no faith in anyone on the roster since they actually drafted a few guys.

Perhaps they just learned a lesson last year and didn't want a repeat? You are reading way too much into this.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

So you are saying it is crazy to be understaffed...but the Packers have no faith in anyone on the roster since they actually drafted a few guys.

Perhaps they just learned a lesson last year and didn't want a repeat? You are reading way too much into this.
    I very well could be, and I really hope they did learn from last year. I don't think TT would ever admit last year was a screw up, but oh well.

the lack of rb depth was ridiculous last season. it's fixed now. we won't keep 7 (or 8...whatever it is) so look for a few to go away (michael + +).

Anyone else wish Lacy and Crocker ever played together? Crockett and Tubbs would have been awesome.

Gamblin' Rat
    Williams and Jones will make the team for sure. With Michael that gives us 4 solid options. Having Williams back there allows us to move TY around I would guess. I like the draft for this position but would have liked it even more if we had Perine paired with Jones. I really think TT missed a really good one there. Perine could have been the guy that wears down a Defense and just punishes in the 4th QTR. I have to have faith that Williams will be good enough but I do predict that Jones is gonna be a HUGE surprise for us.

The problem, if you can call it that, is that we have too many quality receivers and to only a slightly lesser extent, a bunch of RBs. You just can't stockpile them, considering the fact that players on the practice squad can be easily signed by anybody.

No way needed Perine or somebody like him. On second glance, I see that Mays is not that - thankfully. If/when we need a short yardage power guy, Ripkowski will do just fine.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Gamblin' Rat
    If he doesn't fumble again...

Sums it up about right.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.