Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Tell me again how the Packers have faith in Ty Montgomery.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    The way I see it, Michael has breakaway ability that none of the rookies have. It would be a shame to piss that away.
    Breakaway ability for RBs is overrated, especially if they are sniffing the ass of someone on the OL every other snap.

Give me a guy who consistently gets 5 yard a carry.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    I just want a RB that can run between the tackles like Ahman Green, run the screen like Edgar Bennett and pass block like Brandon Jackson. Is that so wrong?
    Seems perfectly reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    I just want a RB that can run between the tackles like Ahman Green, run the screen like Edgar Bennett and pass block like Brandon Jackson. Is that so wrong?
    I think I would have preferred Green to Bennett on screens, and definitely would have taken him as a blocker over Jackson, even though Jackson was pretty darn good once he got the hang of it. So, no genetic hocus pocus needed, just the cloning of Ahman Green..............................

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I think I would have preferred Green to Bennett on screens, and definitely would have taken him as a blocker over Jackson, even though Jackson was pretty darn good once he got the hang of it. So, no genetic hocus pocus needed, just the cloning of Ahman Green..............................
    Come on, there HAS to be a smattering of Levens in there also

Quote Originally Posted by VegasPackFan View Post
    Michael is a workout/metrics beast. For NFL teams to not covet him means there's something else very wrong with this kid.
    He has no vision running. MM preaches plant the foot and go. Chrissy plants both feet, dances a jitterbug, goes, then stops. Reverses course, commits to a hole, sees the safety so he breaks it outside. Strings the OLB out worse than I'm stringing out this analogy and then falls over.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    Breakaway ability for RBs is overrated, especially if they are sniffing the ass of someone on the OL every other snap.

Give me a guy who consistently gets 5 yard a carry.
    hahahaha That's what you want? On a clearly PASS FIRST team like the Packers are and should be, I'll take the home run hitter every time; You can have the damn plodder. The D makes a play just one time or a penalty or whatever, and you punt it away. No thanks.

I suppose to some extent it's true that Michael wasn't a very good example of that change of pace/breakaway threat because of his alleged lack of vision and/or stupidity. He's gone now, so he's no longer relevant. I hope this new guy, Aaron Jones is the "scatback" somebody said he was - and not so allegedly myopic and dumb. I guess you can never have too many Aarons in your backfield.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    He has no vision running. MM preaches plant the foot and go. Chrissy plants both feet, dances a jitterbug, goes, then stops. Reverses course, commits to a hole, sees the safety so he breaks it outside. Strings the OLB out worse than I'm stringing out this analogy and then falls over.
    It sounds like you're describing Barry Sanders - except maybe for the falling down part.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Just trying to spread the love around.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    It sounds like you're describing Barry Sanders - except maybe for the falling down part.
    And you just described the difference between barry and chrissy
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Barry could make defenders miss and fall down just by planting and twisting. Michael did not take the time to make that happen. He never set anyone up. He wanted to outrun them all.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Can I hear it for a smattering of Tony Fischer 3rd down aptitude?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Can I hear it for a smattering of Tony Fischer 3rd down aptitude?
    Agonizing wait for him to figure out how to run with the blockers. But he did get it eventually.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Goddammit, Jonathan Franklin woulda been a contender.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Goddammit, Jonathan Franklin woulda been a contender.
    Come on Fritz. If you're going to use "woulda", then you have to use "contenda".

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    I think the big issue with Michael is a poor work ethic. Not a guy you want lingering around spoiling all this new RB meat.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.