Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Packers Offered Brett Hundley in Trade Talks

Packers Offered Brett Hundley in Trade Talks

In an item weirdly buried at the end of a rehash, Rob Demovsky writes that the Packers were talking abut trading Brett Hundley during the draft.

He says the talks were during the second day of the draft and they came close to dealing him.

Seems a little odd, because if all goes well, he would seem to have more value after a preseason game or two after getting hurt last camp.

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-p...ough-to-fix-it
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Waiting is good idea. Tells me they like Callahan. And I do too.

I wonder what they dangled him for. An extra second round pick, maybe?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Damn wish a team would have jumped on him, I imagine the draft would have went a lot different if we acquired an extra 2nd round pick.

this would explain the kizer rumors

trade him for an o-lineman if the new old-guy doesn't look like he's got anything left.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    this would explain the kizer rumors
    Not at the top of the second. If you trade your backup to get a different backup with a high pick, at best you have recovered your original cost (backup QB and fourth/fifth round pick).

Maybe the new backup is better, but he isn't going to play, so why do the trade?

If the guy was as undeniable as Rodgers, they would have picked him regardless.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Not at the top of the second. If you trade your backup to get a different backup with a high pick, at best you have recovered your original cost (backup QB and fourth/fifth round pick).

Maybe the new backup is better, but he isn't going to play, so why do the trade?

If the guy was as undeniable as Rodgers, they would have picked him regardless.
    my thought was that TT or fat mike maybe liked what they saw from kizer more then what they had in hundley

but just my theory

I don't know if I'd want Callahan and/or Kizer backing up AR. We should keep Hundley and showcase him this summer. Then perhaps during the next draft - which I understand will be miles better as far as QBs go - we can dangle Brett and perhaps get a really good backup for 2018.

Weird scenario:

Have all Packers 2018 picks.
    Before 2018 draft, get a 2nd and 4th for Hundley.
    Get comp picks 3rd, 5th, 5th, 6th.
    Get the conditional 7th for Lerentee McCray.

Now you can trade an entire 2018 draft (1st-7th) to move up in the 1st round, and still have another full 2018 draft. With an extra 5th.

Just need to find a player that's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by wthigoot View Post
    Weird scenario:

Have all Packers 2018 picks.
    Before 2018 draft, get a 2nd and 4th for Hundley.
    Get comp picks 3rd, 5th, 5th, 6th.
    Get the conditional 7th for Lerentee McCray.

Now you can trade an entire 2018 draft (1st-7th) to move up in the 1st round, and still have another full 2018 draft. With an extra 5th.

Just need to find a player that's worth it.
    lol...that's brilliant.

Bumped.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I wonder what they dangled him for. An extra second round pick, maybe?
    Had they gotten the same compensation for Hundley as New England got for Jimmy G, that would have been incredible.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

I've been thinking about BH and how it could have gone incredibly wrong.

For the past couple of seasons BH has been in the QB room, been on the practice field, running the practice squad. I can only assume that MM, the QB whisperer/developer was watching and liked what he saw.

Then the disaster. MM stated he was disappointed BH was not prepared to step up and step in. Boom boom out goes the lights for AVP and what's his name.

My guess is BH really had the practice thing down. He was comfortable and among team mates. Then reality hit and he was in front of full house stadiums, music, noises, PA announcers, real time clocks, helmet communications, etc. He freaked out, chewed gum harder the harder it got, and I think that's what MM meant when he referred to BH not being prepared.

Kinda like playing golf. You practice, you show up, hit the range and start striping the ball. Then you get to the first tee and everything goes sideways.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    lol...that's brilliant.
    Truly Kevin Costner level intrigue right there.

Blog Entries
    Can't believe they were offered much; and It prolly went down
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post

For the past couple of seasons BH has been in the QB room, been on the practice field, running the practice squad. I can only assume that MM, the QB whisperer/developer was watching and liked what he saw.

Then the disaster. MM stated he was disappointed BH was not prepared to step up and step in. Boom boom out goes the lights for AVP and what's his name.

My guess is BH really had the practice thing down. He was comfortable and among team mates. Then reality hit and he was in front of full house stadiums, music, noises, PA announcers, real time clocks, helmet communications, etc. He freaked out, chewed gum harder the harder it got, and I think that's what MM meant when he referred to BH not being prepared.

Kinda like playing golf. You practice, you show up, hit the range and start striping the ball. Then you get to the first tee and everything goes sideways.
    I can see someone who cannot translate the practice field to game day.

What worries me most is McCarthy saying he was light years better later in the year. I don't know what he was watching to say that unless he meant "at Pittsburgh".

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I can see someone who cannot translate the practice field to game day.

What worries me most is McCarthy saying he was light years better later in the year. I don't know what he was watching to say that unless he meant "at Pittsburgh".
    Do you think there’s hope with the changing of the guard, or is BH truly a late round pick that didn’t pan out, for whatever reason?

Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post

Yes sure but when you practising golf with your buddy and talking about " just how sweet your swing has become and your prepared for that next Round of Golf " ;

You hit the LINKS with Buddy and play a round. At the 19th Hole, and over a beer and burger, you don't inform Buddy " just how great that swing was today " ,when you shot a 120 Score for 18 Holes.

Then play 7 more Rounds of golf with Buddy, and also at the 19th Hole inform him that, " that swing is getting sweeter all the time " and one game breaking 100 was clouded by 2 scores of 130.

That analogy just about sums up Packer Head Coach Mike McCarthy and his ' hilarious as if anyone with even the lowest Football IQ is going to swallow ', absolute Donkey Shit !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Yes sure but when you practising golf with your buddy and talking about " just how sweet your swing has become and your prepared for that next Round of Golf " ;

You hit the LINKS with Buddy and play a round. At the 19th Hole, and over a beer and burger, you don't inform Buddy " just how great that swing was today " ,when you shot a 120 Score for 18 Holes.

Then play 7 more Rounds of golf with Buddy, and also at the 19th Hole inform him that, " that swing is getting sweeter all the time " and one game breaking 100 was clouded by 2 scores of 130.

That analogy just about sums up Packer Head Coach Mike McCarthy and his ' hilarious as if anyone with even the lowest Football IQ is going to swallow ', absolute Donkey Shit !
    Dang Woody, if I'm truly on my way to a 120 please take me out back and shoot me after the front 9.

By the way....after reading your posts for the past few weeks I'm getting the impression you are not a big fan of Coach McCarthy. Is this accurate or am I just reading something into it?