Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Packers Offered Brett Hundley in Trade Talks

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    It's not far-fetched at all that we could get a decent draft pick for Hundley. It's primarily imbeciles in here and elsewhere who tend to piss on Hundley. He was not and I'm pretty sure still is not seen as all that bad by NFL personnel people and rational people in general.
    Dang man, learn how to admit a mistake. At lease Allen Babre is still in the NFL and STARTING, but I still admit I missed badly on him.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    It might be that they have designed an offense around Rodgers' unique skills and only Rodgers can really run it. Similar to what happened to Indy in 2011 when Peyton Manning was out. They went from 10-6 to 2-14. I think it does raise the question of the wisdom of developing a young unproven QB as backup vs. signing the vet who used to be a marginal starter and is now relegated to backup status. Especially now that the CBA has pretty much eliminated MM's offseason quarterback school. I always figured developing the young guy was MM's idea, but maybe it was Thompson's.
    " I always figured developing the young guy was MM's idea, but maybe it was Thompson's." Joemailman

What's it going to be now? Mike McCarthy can't speak up 'just for himself'? That's 'a real joke', if anyone decides to use that defense of Mike McCarthy.

Mike McCarthy is CLEARLY on Record
    , as saying (after Aaron Rodgers went down) and over and over again , that Brett Hundley was his Man and prepared to go as the Packer starting QB.

After every loss (even) MM never indicted Brett Hundley.He (Brett Hundley) was improving, growing as a Starting QB, according to Mike McCarthy.

Comment woodbuck27:

Horseshit Mike McCarthy !.

What was really going on at the expense of Packer Nation?

Packer HC Mike McCarthy defended that position, over bringing in another more game experienced QB.

Some time in the future, and in Court and the 'Colin Kaepernick sides charge'. Mike McCarthy is going to be in 'the Hot Seat' and why he elected to go with his Guy Brett Hundley (hahaha), over Colin Kaepernick.

That's going to be interesting. If anyone can squirm out from beneath it, it's Mike McCarthy. He's very experienced.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-13-2018 at 09:19 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    It is unfortunate Hundley just doesn't have "it" to be an NFL QB. I suspect he's one of those guys who looks decent enough at practice but not so hot in games when things start to get a little crazy. Judging if a collegiate QB can play in this league must be damn difficult when so many of them flop so spectacularly. Remember how some folks back in 2008 thought Brian Brohm was gonna push Rodgers for the staring job??
    It's a crap shoot for sure. But a lot of the problem is scouting confirmation bias. Individuality gets lost in the stereotype of the model NFL QB. Russell Wilson couldn't make it in the NFL because of his height. Rodgers was a "system" QB. It works the other way too when a kid is tagged with a "can't miss" label for one reason or another. See JaMarcus Russell.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    It might be that they have designed an offense around Rodgers' unique skills and only Rodgers can really run it. Similar to what happened to Indy in 2011 when Peyton Manning was out. They went from 10-6 to 2-14. I think it does raise the question of the wisdom of developing a young unproven QB as backup vs. signing the vet who used to be a marginal starter and is now relegated to backup status. Especially now that the CBA has pretty much eliminated MM's offseason quarterback school. I always figured developing the young guy was MM's idea, but maybe it was Thompson's.
    Does that mean M3 is a "highly successful football coach" because he got more wins out of Hundley in part of a year than the Colts did in an entire year?
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.