Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
I've been thinking about BH and how it could have gone incredibly wrong.

For the past couple of seasons BH has been in the QB room, been on the practice field, running the practice squad. I can only assume that MM, the QB whisperer/developer was watching and liked what he saw.

Then the disaster. MM stated he was disappointed BH was not prepared to step up and step in. Boom boom out goes the lights for AVP and what's his name.

My guess is BH really had the practice thing down. He was comfortable and among team mates. Then reality hit and he was in front of full house stadiums, music, noises, PA announcers, real time clocks, helmet communications, etc. He freaked out, chewed gum harder the harder it got, and I think that's what MM meant when he referred to BH not being prepared.

Kinda like playing golf. You practice, you show up, hit the range and start striping the ball. Then you get to the first tee and everything goes sideways.
I can see someone who cannot translate the practice field to game day.

What worries me most is McCarthy saying he was light years better later in the year. I don't know what he was watching to say that unless he meant "at Pittsburgh".