Thread: Pete Prisco's Team Grades for 2017 Draft

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Killer post 31. Though I think it's fair to hold the GM responsible for drafting/adding players that can/will thrive within the circumstances of the team as constructed.

As you say it's more complex than simply assessing talent in a vacuum. I think your post says a lot about Ted's approach to player acquisition beyond the draft as well.
    That being said, Josh Jones was the perfect pick. He fills Hydes role this year, and Burnett is on the last year of his contract. Jones is a bigger body for the new hybrid ILB/S position we have been using. A good fit for this team right now.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    That being said, Josh Jones was the perfect pick. He fills Hydes role this year, and Burnett is on the last year of his contract. Jones is a bigger body for the new hybrid ILB/S position we have been using. A good fit for this team right now.
    Agree. Jones fills both an immediate and potential long-term need.

If anything appears different this year it's been the transparency of moves that so clearly address "need." I think it's clear that's always been a big part of the value equation but with the important losses of this year's departures in specific areas and how close the team continues to be year after year, the "needs" jump out a lot more than in the past when there's been less "starting role veteran" roster turnover.
    Last edited by vince; 05-01-2017 at 03:14 PM.