Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Pete Prisco's Team Grades for 2017 Draft

Pete Prisco's Team Grades for 2017 Draft

Prisco's final grades came in with 5 A's and 2 D's. All other teams graded B or C.

A's: Green Bay, Arizona, Cincinnati, San Fran, and Cleveland.

D's: Chicago and Detroit

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/pr...short-with-ds/

don't remember who did it but i read a guy a yesterday gave them a B+.

here's link that gives grades from several sources...http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-dra...sults-analysis

Like Baltimore, Green Bay is a team with a veteran general manager in Ted Thompson who got high marks for picking needs on defense. The team got potential starters Kevin King and Josh Jones with its first two picks. The key to this draft could be Vince Biegel, who could be the team’s future as an edge rusher.

SB Nation grade: B+

CBS Sports: A

USA Today: A-

Sports Illustrated: B+

Washington Post: B
    Last edited by gbgary; 04-30-2017 at 03:38 PM.

Prisco likes Adams a lot more than some people. He also sees Williams as a legit starting running back. If he's right, it could be a heck of a draft.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    don't remember who did it but i read a guy a yesterday gave them a B+.

here's link that gives grades from several sources...http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-dra...sults-analysis
    Washington Post = Fake News

Another to add to the list.
    MSN.com
    Green Bay Packers
    Grade: A+ Yes to everything on this board. They added two of the best secondary players in this draft in the second round, a perfect fit for them in the middle of their line in Montravious Adams in the third round, a high-floor outside linebacker in Vince Biegel and three really good running backs — Aaron Jones could be a stud. Don't sleep on Malachi Dupre, pick No. 247, either.

Blog Entries
    Walter Football

Green Bay Packers: A Grade
    Goals Entering the 2017 NFL Draft: The Packers were completely incapable of containing the Falcons in the NFC Championship. Adding a pass-rusher, an inside linebacker and a couple of defensive backs is imperative. The offense, meanwhile, is mostly set, though a running back and a guard are needed.

2017 NFL Draft Accomplishments: A team puts together a truly great draft class when it trades down and still obtains talented prospects throughout the weekend. That's exactly what Ted Thompson was able to do in the 2017 NFL Draft.

The Packers moved out of the first round when the Browns wanted to move up for David Njoku. This gave them more ammunition, and Thompson took advantage of it. He began by selecting two talented defensive backs in the second round, Kevin King and Josh Jones. Both players could've gone earlier than they did, as they provided great value at Nos. 33 and 61, respectively.

Thompson turned to his front seven next, selecting Montravius Adams and Vince Biegel. These picks weren't as great as the first two, but they still earned a "B" and a B+, respectively. Adams will bolster the interior pass rush, while Biegel could earn playing time at inside linebacker in the near future.

Of the Packers' first seven picks, they scored three "A" grades, and they didn't get anything below a B-. There were some sketchy selections late in the draft, but even then, Green Bay obtained a tremendous value in Malachi Dupre.

This was an awesome draft for Green Bay.

Blog Entries
    Chad Reuter, NFL.com

Green Bay Packers
    Draft picks: Kevin King (No. 33 overall), Josh Jones (No. 61 overall), Montravius Adams (No. 93 overall), Vince Biegel (No. 108 overall), Jamaal Williams (No. 134 overall), DeAngelo Yancey (No. 175 overall), Aaron Jones (No. 182 overall), Kofi Amichia (No. 212 overall), Devante Mays (No. 238 overall), Malachi Dupre (No. 247 overall)
    Day 1 grade: A
    Day 2 grade: A
    Day 3 grade: C
    Overall grade: B+
    The skinny: The Browns presented Green Bay excellent value in a trade out of the first round, so the Packers took it. Instead of trading down for more picks, Ted Thompson stayed put and got the difference-making cornerback he needed in Kevin King. Then they selected safety Josh Jones, who will play in the Micah Hyde role for the Packers despite being a solid 220 pounds. Bulking up the defensive line with Montravius Adams is a big help, as he can play nose tackle or five-technique. He's an excellent value at No. 93.

On Day 3, Green Bay continued to improve the defense. Vince Biegel is a solid inside/outside linebacker, which they needed. They also found an excellent replacement for power back Eddie Lacy in Jamaal Williams, and then hit the position twice more with UTEP's Aaron Jones and Devante Mays. That's probably overkill for a position where there will be plenty of undrafted free agents available. Receiver DeAngelo Yancey was one of the hottest names among prospects who weren't invited to the combine this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Packgator View Post
    Prisco's final grades came in with 5 A's and 2 D's. All other teams graded B or C.

D's: Chicago

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/pr...short-with-ds/
    QBME likey

Cool

Grading a Draft Class before they have even stepped, officially, upon an NFL field is like trying to appraise a house without actually visiting the property, it is just not done .

As much as I like the positions of the players selected in this years draft, that does not translate directly into players that will be able to elevate their game as we would like to see happen. Some may have maxed out their level's of play already at their College's. Others still , may have levels they have yet to achieve. One position, IMO , that was not addressed in this year's draft was an Edge Rusher. An OLB or DE that could back-up Matthews and Perry, but that may be addressed in the UDFA pool .

If your not the lead dog , then the view never changes !

Pre-draft player grades and post-draft team grades are a complete joke to me. I guess they're fun to discuss and add to the conversation but in the greater scheme they don't mean a damn thing. Every single year you see plenty of, "cant miss" graded players who end up being complete busts and numerous players nobody has ever heard of end up having long productive pro careers.
    Last edited by SMBASS; 04-30-2017 at 06:09 PM.

Blog Entries
    They're a natural extension of the huge attraction of the draft itself, which is based entirely on projections and forecasts of college players. Of course they don't "mean anything" at this point. To say that we don't know how they actually turn out until we can see how they actually turn out is self-definingly obvious. But it's "done" every year and obviously generates a lot of interest among fans and analysts who like to speculate about college talent and project the overall direction teams might be headed in the future.

I hate winning the offseason.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Red face

I have a feeling Ted was getting these high marks because he addressed a lot of our needs in this draft. Getting 10 picks in 7 rounds isn't too shabby. He also filled some holes in FA for a change so we might look back at this spring fondly later on.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I hate winning the offseason.
    But, it's still nice seeing the Bears and Lions lose the offseason. Those D grades for them look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Radagast View Post
    Grading a Draft Class before they have even stepped, officially, upon an NFL field is like trying to appraise a house without actually visiting the property, it is just not done .

where have you been? drafts have been graded/judged/critiqued by the ne'er-do-wells/sports media/fans since...drafting began! it's un-american not to.

where have you been? drafts have been graded/judged/critiqued by the ne'er-do-wells/sports media/fans since...drafting began! it's un-american not to.
    I disagree, but defend your right to be goofey .

Do you even know who of GB's 2017 Draft picks visited the Team prior to the Draft ? How many/can you name them ? (if any)

If your not the lead dog , then the view never changes !

Quote Originally Posted by Radagast View Post
    I disagree, but defend your right to be goofey .

Do you even know who of GB's 2017 Draft picks visited the Team prior to the Draft ? How many/can you name them ? (if any)
    lol...well hell no. off the top of my head i can't even name half the guys that were acutally drafted. what does my memory have to do with media grading drafts? lol

i didn't give them a grade.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post

Green Bay Packers
    Draft picks: Kevin King (No. 33 overall), Josh Jones (No. 61 overall), Montravius Adams (No. 93 overall), Vince Biegel (No. 108 overall), Jamaal Williams (No. 134 overall), DeAngelo Yancey (No. 175 overall), Aaron Jones (No. 182 overall), Kofi Amichia (No. 212 overall), Devante Mays (No. 238 overall), Malachi Dupre (No. 247 overall)
    Day 1 grade: A
    Day 2 grade: A
    Day 3 grade: C
    Overall grade: B+
    i love the 'Day 1' A. Packers did nothing that day.

King obviously has star potential. The S/LB too. I think the RB Williams and Adams both have high end starter potential. Montravius is a wild card. Big guy. Never know. Biegel looks like the type to contribute. The OL guy is a high upside project. Both receivers and the last back could be alright too......

We have a chance to have one of those really impactful drafts. Would love to get a star and 3 or 4 starters. I really hope so!!! We need a SB soon or our Rodgers window will start to close.

i love the 'Day 1' A. Packers did nothing that day.
    Except turn one pick into both King and Biegel. That's why Thompson gets an A and you get a block.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

What radagast said above makes the most sense. It's all speculation at this point. Check again in 3 or 5 or 10 years.

Just the same, this draft SEEMS at first glance to be Ted's best in my memory. And I do NOT just mean that in terms of filling needs; I mean it in terms of at least perceived quality.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?