Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who's Your Favorite? 2017 Draft

Who's Your Favorite? 2017 Draft

Okay. The picks have been made, and we've been grousing about who we didn't get since Thursday. Now's the chance to identify which draftee you are most looking forward to seeing play.

For me, I'm choosing Aaron Jones and Kevin King. And Josh Jones, I guess. But his is more for the size/speed as the (very) few clips I've seen don't seem special.

Whereas Aaron Jones is that scat back we've all been craving and Kevin King's combine numbers were otherworldly. So those two are the salivating picks for me.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Aaron Jones, RB, UTEP, 5th Round Compensatory Pick - fast, can run, catch and block. Hope he is like Bear's last year 5th rounder Jordan Howard.

One caveat - in the film I've seen, he wears a play flip chart on his forearm, which is a little worrisome.

no favorites but i'm most interested in seeing the two 2nd rounders king and jones...and williams the rb.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Biegel. He was the "free" pick.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Most likely to be a star - King. He's solid now with potential to be a star player
    Most interesting - Josh Jones. Could be a game changer at ILB with that speed
    Most likely to make impact year 1 - Jamaal Williams - downhill runner, great vision, good feet
    Most interesting late round pick - Aaron Jones. Superstar athletic traits. We'll see

Montravius Adams. I like rooting for the underdog. Any defensive lineman drafted by TT is an underdog.

For me it's a toss up between Adams and biegel. i expect more out of biegel but love adams upside. if this draft is half as good as i hope it is we got a big upgrade to our d.

Unknown safety in the second round. Josh Jones, in three years I would like to serve crow to Thompson doubters.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

The more I read, the more I like this draft. If it's Ted's last, he is going out in a blaze of glory - at least there seems like a strong chance of that.

I didn't realize Aaron Jones was considered a scatback. I was all in for Christine Michael; If A. Jones is a breakaway runner like that as a change of pace threat, he could rise to the top in a hurry. As it is, though, I'll take the easy way and go with Kevin King. The top pick should be the best prospect, but I haven't been this excited about a Packer Corner since Tim Lewis.

Josh Jones, Biegel, Yancey, Williams, Adams, etc. all stand out as better than most of the picks of the last few years.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

All in all it's a good draft I think...

I think King and jamaal Williams will be players. Have high hopes for Yancy.

Concerned about Josh Jones lack of physicality in getting off blocks, i.e. he plays like a corner; concerned about Adams (his motor and playing tall); and concerned about Beigel being a one-speed player who is around the pile more than he is the cause of the pile.
    wist

Jamaal Williams and King.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Blog Entries
    Biegel
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

King
    For me it was the pick that just made so much sense that there was "noooo way Ted would draft him". So tall, so fast, so long... he's the opposite of the 'Packer CB'. Pleasantly surprised when his name was called. With more coaching this guy could be a big-time, eraser type shutdown corner against the big/strong/fast WR mold.

Really excited about a lot of these guys though.. Williams seems to have great vision, J.Jones another Buchanan type with less stick/more cover, A.Jones is a spark plug, Biegel could be a freak, Dupree seems to be completely untapped potential, Yancey another Turtleneck, Kofi could turn out to diamond in the rough/athletic freak,Mays a Fat Eddie with less balance...

Not personally excited about Adams but I've just learned not to expect much from Ted's DL picks. Hope to be surprised.

I think King is the most likely to be a bust. Does anyone think Washington of all schools had three premier talents in their secondary? Seems unlikely.

I like the pick of Jones a lot purely on his athletic numbers. I've never seen him or a even highlight of him.

I like the pick from LSU. His highlights make him look like a baller.

I like the Biegel pick.

King, A. Jones, Adams, and Dupre are guys Im excited about

Jamaal Williams will be the dud of this draft imo

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I think King is the most likely to be a bust.
    maybe only because he'll be a starter and have the highest expectations of this group. he'll also be given the most slack. depending on who you read for rankings he's one of the top 3 corners in the draft. after king, josh jones, and williams, i think the bust potential increases exponentially.

Good to see another Purdue guy in Yancey since Neal is gone. What the Packers saw in him I would like to see come out; they seemed to like him more than other teams. Reminds me of when they drafted Nate Palmer a little early even when he didn't seem to have much other interest.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...es-at-pro-days

Pro day stats not bad according to that link, somewhat like Montgomery. He's no running back but maybe could do some of the thing Montgomery was doing before converting to RB.

Unsure about Adams but would like to see him pan out.

Blog Entries
    Williams is my fave. He lives eats and breathes football, and seems to have more natural ability than physical traits. For whatever reason that's my kind of player. He idolizes Walter Payton and runs hills in Arizone like he did. He's more shifty than Starks with a similar burst and better hands so I think he can be better than Starks ever was.

I also like Aa. Jones as a third down threat. GB hasn't really had a guy like that, or at least haven't taken advantage of one in the passing game. He could be that guy finally - if they're willing to use him like that... Although Monty is a huge threat out of the backfield too but that hasn't materialized yet either.

Gotta go Kofi Amichia. Why? Because I have absolutely no clue who the hell he is. No one does. The ESPN draftniks who spend way too much time studying this shit looked stumped. I have to believe someone from scouting stumbled on to him sort of like Brad Delouiso back in the day. Or maybe it was Eastwoods daughter from Trouble With The Curve.

This guy is going to report to camp at 315, grab Langs old spot and we will all be praising Teddy ballgame for picking Kofi (who we all wanted all along...honest)
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Blog Entries
    Knowing The Homer Bretsky likes Biegel makes me concerned about his long-term health

I agree with what wist says, although I think J. Jones has all the tools and will have a good career as he develops over the next couple years and outgrows some of his immaturity as a player that you're talking about wist. Shedding/avoiding blocks, timing, control, etc. is all coachable stuff.