Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who's Your Favorite? 2017 Draft

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Gotta go Kofi Amichia. Why? Because I have absolutely no clue who the hell he is. No one does. The ESPN draftniks who spend way too much time studying this shit looked stumped. I have to believe someone from scouting stumbled on to him sort of like Brad Delouiso back in the day. Or maybe it was Eastwoods daughter from Trouble With The Curve.

This guy is going to report to camp at 315, grab Langs old spot and we will all be praising Teddy ballgame for picking Kofi (who we all wanted all along...honest)
    lol good points, and I had already forgotten he was drafted. Guess he should have gotten arrested so we would know who he was. The J. Evans signing should give him some time to develop, hope maybe he can back up center too.

Blog Entries
    Gotta go Kofi Amichia. Why? Because I have absolutely no clue who the hell he is. No one does. The ESPN draftniks who spend way too much time studying this shit looked stumped. I have to believe someone from scouting stumbled on to him sort of like Brad Delouiso back in the day. Or maybe it was Eastwoods daughter from Trouble With The Curve.

This guy is going to report to camp at 315, grab Langs old spot and we will all be praising Teddy ballgame for picking Kofi (who we all wanted all along...honest)
    lol I'm all in with Kofi. Little known fact - he's a Ghanan prince I think....
    This is where I'm supposed to say, 'Fits a need. Fills a void. Good upside. That means I finally hit one who I don't know. I did not write him up.... He's a big hulking looking guy....

Good value. Tough. Competitive. Smart. All that stuff I'm supposed to say when I don't have a clue.

NFL.com has the complete breakdown.

Leave it to Ted to find the one guy in the draft nobody knows. How can he not be great?
    Last edited by vince; 05-03-2017 at 01:34 AM.

Loving the looks of Josh Jones, Safety, North Carolina State. Just a hunch, but something is telling me he's gonna be something special.

Adams. Because TT's defensive line picks need all the help they can get.

Least excited about Biegel. His highlight film seems to feature him running up to the pile after the play is over.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
    Loving the looks of Josh Jones, Safety, North Carolina State. Just a hunch, but something is telling me he's gonna be something special.
    Because everybody loves speed/size. I like football players. Not sold on the Ghostpepper. Pb says he needs a spicy name so I hereby dub thee Josh "the ghostpepper" Jones.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    I love the Josh Jones, Adams, Williams, and Beigel picks. Favorite is probably J. Jones. He seems built for today's NFL and a swiss army athlete in the back of our Defense sounds awesome. Adams seemed like the biggest steal of the draft. Lots of talent there at an impact position. Williams seems perfectly tailored for what MM likes to do with RBs. Beigel will be fun to watch. I think you've got to give everybody a chance to succeed at OLB who has any potential there but its sweet to have a guy who can play inside as a plan B. They say the whole defense takes on the character of the middle linebacker; if that's the case we could do worse than Biegel.

King seems boom or bust to me so I'm trying to temper expectations. A potential big press corner with wheels is clearly worth taking a shot on. If he succeeds the defense will be transformed.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Because everybody loves speed/size. I like football players. Not sold on the Ghostpepper. Pb says he needs a spicy name so I hereby dub thee Josh "the ghostpepper" Jones.
    Take out "the". Make it just Josh "Ghostpepper" Jones.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

My favorite will be whoever steps up and plays great. I'm hoping it is a battle between King and Jones, because that will really help the defense.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I think King is the most likely to be a bust. Does anyone think Washington of all schools had three premier talents in their secondary? Seems unlikely.
    How else could Washington -- WASHINGTON!? -- make it into the final four last year? When is the last time they've even been in the conversation? Their defense was insane.
    Also probably why they got rolled up on... you don't need that many secondary guys against Alabama. Starts up front. Made a big difference in the Pac 12 though.

My surprise pick for actual impact/contributions is RB Aaron Jones. I'm still beating the Perine dead horse and wish we would have taken him but I just have a feeling that this kid is going to surprise us. I especially like his pass catching abilities to go along with the wiggle that he brings to the position.
    Last edited by SMBASS; 05-03-2017 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SMBASS View Post
    My surprise pick for actual impact/contributions is RB Aaron Jones. I'm still beating the Perine dead horse and wish we would have taken him but I just have a feeling that this kid is going to surprise us. I especially like his pass catching abilities to go along with the wiggle that he brings to the position.
    the williams kid (from the tape i saw lol) plays bigger than he really is. very tenacious.

Quote Originally Posted by SMBASS View Post
    3rd Down Back you say?

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    I think this could work if we shorter it to Ghost.

What do you think?

Just edit his wikipedia page to put in the full ghost pepper explanation in.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Done. And since we are tagging guys early, Vince nicknamed my guy. Its "Prince" Kofi

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I think this could work if we shorter it to Ghost.

What do you think?

Just edit his wikipedia page to put in the full ghost pepper explanation in.
    Nah...you wanta spicy, you getta the spicy.

Pickup Truck Williams. Tampa Bay had Cadillac Williams, but this is Wisconsin.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Pickup Truck Williams. Tampa Bay had Cadillac Williams, but this is Wisconsin.
    After that Ty Dunne piece about his workout habits, should be 'Hill' Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    the williams kid (from the tape i saw lol) plays bigger than he really is. very tenacious.
    Don't know what tapes you were comparing the players with haha

Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
    You aren't the first person to say this about Jones.

Going with the hot pepper theme, being that Jones played at NC State, can't we call him The Carolina Reaper?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolina_Reaper