Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Adios McGinn

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    I like that he went out on top with his successful mock draft.
    Thats the sweet smell of success!! err .... could also be pigshit !?

Either way, both relate to McGinn's articles which always reek of opinion stated as fact. I agree, the after game rankings were good to read!

I liked that he was a realist and called it like it was as opposed to the constant homerism from most others.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    ding ding ding

Why would anybody celebrate McGinn leaving just because he has strong opinions you sometimes disagree? Distinctive personalities are good. He was very serious about his job, and has a wealth of knowledge about how the Packers and NFL have operated in the past. He's smart.

I don't lament the ditching of all old-timers. Not to mention any names - Bud Lea - but some guys have lot of knowledge but are kinda bland.

Is Vic Ketchman leaving? http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?28978-Vic-Ketchman
    That's another old timer who added personality - too opinionated for some.

Ketchman, unike McGinn, is a colossal dope.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    I liked that he was a realist and called it like it was as opposed to the constant homerism from most others.
    You mean like predicting the Packers could make the Super Bowl even if they lost Aaron Rodgers?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by arcilite View Post
    http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports...nel/101237304/

Too bad you can't take Cohen with you.
    Cohen had some touching quotes on Twitter about how Bob and his wife Pat looked out for him when he hit town with no family nearby.

Had him over for holidays and he stayed with them after he had knee surgery.

Blog Entries
    I think McGinn was fantastic and I'll miss him. One of the best and entertaining. He had his sources and he added a ton to JS. I appreciated critical thinkers and fear they'll just hire a corporate bobblehead aka...boring cheerleader.

WIST....I want WIST to replace Bob McGinn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Cohen is boring. But maybe he needs a few years to get his confidence and develop a style. He is smart enough.

I agree that Cliff Christl was fun to read; McGinn never quite filled his slippers. It's a shame that Cleft Crusty left the business, but here's hoping he is getting the care that he needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Realism is usually another word for bullshit from those who don't have the balls to express optimism - usually REALISTIC optimism - about the home team.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Cohen is boring. But maybe he needs a few years to get his confidence and develop a style. He is smart enough.

I agree that Cliff Christl was fun to read; McGinn never quite filled his slippers. It's a shame that Cleft Crusty left the business, but here's hoping he is getting the care that he needs.
    Oh god I hated Christl. If I had to read that high school football was better than the NFL and that only 2 or 3 "playmakers" made a difference each year another time I would have puked on my keyboard.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Cohen is a goober that spends his days looking at police botters on microform as basis for his articles
    I am better looking than you.

He's the only Packers writer that consistently held Rodgers accountable for his uneven performances in big games, so for me that was quite refreshing. Became a bit of caricature the last few years. But I'll certainly miss his anti-goober/homer perspective that is often lacking in Packer land.

How did he hold anyone on the Packers accountable? Did he dock their pay for bad games?