Thread: Jerome Whitehead Cited For Driving 110 MPH

Jerome Whitehead Cited For Driving 110 MPH

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports...mph/102070940/

Whitehead was stopped at 3:39 a.m. along a stretch of I-43 in the town of Holland, which is located between Milwaukee and Sheboygan. When an officer approached the vehicle, Whitehead said he needed to be at Lambeau Field in a few hours.

“Jermaine originally said he was going 75 to 80 when I asked him how fast he was driving,” deputy sheriff Chad Baumann wrote in the incident report. “I told him his speed (110 mph) and the fact he was passing a semi at a high rate of speed. He did not contest this speed.

“I learned he and the 3 occupants were heading to Green Bay as they have to work at 8 a.m. I then learned they were Green Bay Packer players.”

Bonehead.

Still, cheap fine for driving 40 miles above the speed limit.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Bonehead.

But it is only 20 over typical speeds. Still Holland is close to GB, they didn't need to be going that fast.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    But it is only 20 over typical speeds. Still Holland is close to GB, they didn't need to be going that fast.
    Something funny happens to people when they see 70mph speed limits. Suddenly, its open season. At 60 or 65, most people are at 5 over the limit. At 70, its Talladaga.

Or I might just be getting old.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Something funny happens to people when they see 70mph speed limits. Suddenly, its open season. At 60 or 65, most people are at 5 over the limit. At 70, its Talladaga.

Or I might just be getting old.
    Only if there are a lot of Toyota's around, otherwise 15-20 over is pretty common on any highway. 40 over is more than those exotics in Oregon were doing in the illegal rally when they got pulled over.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Who cares? I'm lucky I wasn't nabbed for 50 over as a kid.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Of course it is Cohen writing this article
    I am better looking than you.

Couple of things here:

1) Jerome Whitehead probably won't make the final roster this coming August and we could find out by July that he's been cut from the team, so not to undermine this post but his speeding ticket is minor news. It's the end of May and the media is grasping at straws here.

2) Whitehead is 24 years of age and I don't know about you guys, but when I was that age I made my fair share of mistakes too. Yes he was roaring down the highway way too fast, but it's not like he committed a felony.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Who cares? I'm lucky I wasn't nabbed for 50 over as a kid.
    Yeah, but when I was doing 50 over, I was trying to set a quarter mile time on side roads with limited traffic.

Now that I think about it, that probably wasn't any safer. Though it wasn't 4 AM, so I was definitely awake.

No one is saying lock the kid up, but it was dumb and seemingly unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Only if there are a lot of Toyota's around, otherwise 15-20 over is pretty common on any highway. 40 over is more than those exotics in Oregon were doing in the illegal rally when they got pulled over.
    Well, that rally race is just a lark. Plus $10,000. But out west, its always been a different story. The entire reason speed limits went up after gas prices fell in the 90s was the West pressing to go back to 70.

The problem back East is that the open space is more limited. And unlike Germany, most drivers aren't expecting it. I drive quite a bit on highways in WI and I see a lot of 80, very few 85. Most are between 70 and 75.

Bonehead.

Yes, fine seems extremely cheap, but I am guessing his auto insurance rates won't be.

i wonder...
    what kind of car?
    what was the weather like?
    who were the other 3 Packers with him?

i wonder...
    who were the other 3 Packers with him?
    My bet is the 3 were Mike McCarthy, Aaron Rodgers and Brett Favre

Dumb cop. Why didn't he say look, Jerome, score me four seats at the fifty yard line and we can let this thing slide?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Off season headline I guess.