Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who's the Biggest Bust? 2017 Draft

Who's the Biggest Bust? 2017 Draft

Extra points for the higher rounds.

My vote is R3 Adams busting. I hope I'm wrong, but I read "fast" DL and see awkward technique, and I get this feeling he's going to Worthy it in the pros.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Seems like nobody wants to reply to this hahahahaha. Perhaps the reason is that Ted really outdid himself this year, and none of those draft picks stand out as likely busts. Adams could be on the basis of attitude, but somehow I doubt that, coming to the Packers and playing next to Mike Daniels.

I would have to say Vince Biegel. I still would say he is maybe 60-70% likely to be a solid pro and maybe 10-20% likely to be a star-quality (I'm talking Clay Matthews type career) player. However, that would mean 30-40% likely to be a bust, which to me, probably the biggest Badger homer in here, makes him more likely to be a bust - which I'd define as NOT a solid pro - than any of the draft picks of say the top 5 rounds or so.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

RB Williams from Utah St

Biegel is my biggest concern. But if a 4th rounder doesn't pan out is it really a bust? I think the expected starter rate of 4th rounds is less than 10% . So really a bust in the 4th round would really have to suck.
    I guess then our only true bust potential would be king... which would really really really suck

Since team wasn't specified I'm going with Trubisky. Bears gave up Sammy Watkins level picks there, and it will hurt them for a while if it doesn't pan out. Plus, they've got Glennon who's pretty pissed off about how this all fell out.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    Biegel is my biggest concern. But if a 4th rounder doesn't pan out is it really a bust? I think the expected starter rate of 4th rounds is less than 10% . So really a bust in the 4th round would really have to suck.
    I guess then our only true bust potential would be king... which would really really really suck
    10% for starting in the first year, maybe, but being a bust takes a few years, and I'm pretty sure that 10% is way low for a 4th rounder being a starter by say his 4th or 5th year. I'd guess 40-50% is closer on that.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    I dont think Tony Mandrich has what it takes to be a top flight Tackle, totally should have drafted Barry Sanders, I know he is not a prototypical back in terms of size but I feel he will be a solid starter.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Since team wasn't specified I'm going with Trubisky. Bears gave up Sammy Watkins level picks there, and it will hurt them for a while if it doesn't pan out. Plus, they've got Glennon who's pretty pissed off about how this all fell out.
    Cook for MN. So glad the Packers didn't take him. Injuries, fumbles and off-field problems. Trubisky flopping would be nice, since the Bears will be bottom feeders for another 5+ years as a result of that trade.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Instructions unclear

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    RB Williams from Utah St
    mays is the utah st guy. williams is byu.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    mays is the utah st guy. williams is byu.
    My bad, you are right...same school colors had me confused

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Instructions unclear

That poor girl makes my back and shoulders hurt.

Blog Entries
    Adams
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Instructions unclear

Those are rather large misunderstandings you have shared.

Jones and Adams are the two biggest candidates I feel. Just the nature of the beast with safeties and TT doesn't have a good track record with DL.

King has all the makings of a bust, he's the Mike Mamula of cornerbacks.

Blog Entries
    King does have the makings of a bust; has all the measurables and he didn't play as well as the measurables. Hopefully he gets coathd up and excels
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Kickass Rat All-Pro CaptainKickass's Avatar

I think the meaning was more "Biggest Packers Bust This year"

"Everyone's born anarchist and atheist until people start lying to them" ~ wise philosopher

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainKickass View Post

I think the meaning was more "Biggest Packers Bust This year"

Thank you.
    C.H.U.D.