Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Who's the Biggest Bust? 2017 Draft

i think king's going to be great...eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    That poor girl makes my back and shoulders hurt.
    She makes my groin ache.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    King has all the makings of a bust, he's the Mike Mamula of cornerbacks.
    Mike Mamula wasn't even a true bust by draft standards. He was decent but had a short career. Not worth his selection but not garbage, either.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Mike Mamula wasn't even a true bust by draft standards. He was decent but had a short career. Not worth his selection but not garbage, either.
    He was also a fine college player. He was not all Combine and no film nor production. That performance just vaulted him too high.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He was also a fine college player. He was not all Combine and no film nor production. That performance just vaulted him too high.
    True. He had 13.5 sacks his senior year at BC, and in his best year for PHI has 8.5. Lasted 5 years, so he wasn't a complete washout, just overdrafted at #7. Plus Philly paid a lot to move up and draft him.
    BTW, I wonder if he was playing out of position as a 6'5" 250 DE, and would've been better off playing OLB in a 3-4.

Mamula was a starter from day 1, and remained so for his entire career when healthy enough. Injuries greatly impacted and then ended his career. His team voted him to the "courage" award after coming back from an entirely missed season, but more injuries followed. He retired before completely destroying his body. This is a guy who scored 49/50 on the Wonderlic, so I suspect it was a well-reasoned decision for his future.

Not a work-out warrior type of bust at all, 31.5 sacks in 64 starts.

i'll say our 4th pick biegel will be the bust. if anyone from the 5th round on fails it's not that big a deal.

I'm going with Biegel. One of those guys who probably has already reached his ceiling, and now he's playing against guys who are much, much better.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I'm going with Biegel. One of those guys who probably has already reached his ceiling, and now he's playing against guys who are much, much better.
    Yeah, that's my guess too. The Bretsky Curse combined with the Ricky Elmore Comparison.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Yeah, that's my guess too. The Bretsky Curse combined with the Ricky Elmore Comparison.
    DAM YOU GUYS

And who the hell compared him to Ricky Elmore ???? This reaks of Wist
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?