Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ill explain later but the site is going to go down for upgrade

Welcome Back. It makes my day that this place is up and running again.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    I did too. Then I wondered how I was going to fill that hole in my Packers life. THEN I wondered where everyone else would migrate to, and if we all accidentally migrated to the same place, would we even figure it out?
    If you want to send me your email (or follow PackerRats.com on Twitter) I can add you (or anyone else) to the support group

Red, Bretsky, Harv, Joe and I were crying in our beers for the last week.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    ... and if we all accidentally migrated to the same place, would we even figure it out?
    You would be surprised how easy it is to spot most of them.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Almost forgot, if you are gonna bitch about something not working do it today because I still have more stuff to do and the site will be up and down this weekend.
    Did we get embeds for Twitter video or the now defunct Vine?

No Twitter mentioned. But couple more options

Supported videos include:
    Hulu YouTube (Long) YouTube (Short) Vimeo Dailymotion Metacafe Google facebook Facebook Shares

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I had actually forgotten that I was still a member at Packerforum.com. I even started a thread over there asking of anybody knew about what happened to this place, but no info.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Upgrade complete. Try shit out see if anything is not working. Please report here not PM.
    i found a problem

this all american site seems to still be run by a beaner

If you want to send me your email (or follow PackerRats.com on Twitter) I can add you (or anyone else) to the support group

was not!

Thanks for the upgrade Mad. Had me worried for a while... Glad to get my main source of Packer news back.

Update? Looks like the same old same old to me. Maybe the battery drains a little quicker than before, otherwise just like before.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i found a problem

this all american site seems to still be run by a beaner
    Hey! He may be a beaner but he's OUR beaner. I was afraid Mad had been deported. Is he an anchor baby?

I'm so freaking glad the site is back. It's not the same being negative about the Pack on other forums Seriously though, thanks Mad.

My theory was that ransom-ware hackers had locked the place up and made the poorly calculated bet that Mad would pay eight bucks to get his site back.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

You say that, but I've been on this site since 2009, and I still don't recognize the alter egos.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Yeah, I checked in via Twitter. One of two accounts I follow, and the other one was for research.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Jumbo Rat HOFer

I almost joined Twitter to see what was going on.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

The problem with the "follow you" solution is that I don't see the tweets from other twits. So I experimented with following people following your packerrats account. Got deluged by hockey posts from greenbaygary, animal sex pics from joemailman, etc, etc etc. Fuck that.

So then I sez to myself, "Myself, just suggest people put #packerrats in their posts, then we can see a chronological discussion by everybody at one link" https://twitter.com/hashtag/packerra...fault&src=hash As you see, the twitterverse alternate packerrats forum was a hit.

Someday, probably soon, Mad's chorizo-clogged arteries and raging blood pressure will send him to that great fiesta in the sky. There will just be packerrats darkness. I suggest people talk to each other at #packerrats to talk about what Madtown meant to each of us personally, and insist that pbmax put up a forum.

oh ya, case doesn't matter with hashtags. #PackerRats = #packerrats

pbmax, the other alternative is you could retweet every tweet you get at your account. But that might suck more than the hashtag way.

Madtown, why don't you tweet a message with #packerrats next time shit enters a fan. You must know a person under 30 who can show you how.

I thought Mad got picked up by ICE and the domain expired.

At least a buggy upgrade can be recovered from. Hope we didn't lose too many people permanently.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

I was lost without this place. I tried to leave, but somehow got sucked back in.