Thread: Blame money Mase!!!!

Blame money Mase!!!!

time to try out the link feature

espn seems to think its masons fault that fat mike kept dom

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-p...r-mason-crosby

one big difference. mason had one bad season, dom and his defense has sucked for along time, despite a ton of high draft picks being thrown at the problem

clearly they must have been the wrong draft picks.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    time to try out the link feature

espn seems to think its masons fault that fat mike kept dom

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-p...r-mason-crosby

one big difference. mason had one bad season, dom and his defense has sucked for along time, despite a ton of high draft picks being thrown at the problem
    Like most excuses for journalism the writer is ill informed or intentionally dishonest. Blaming Capers and the D for the seattle meltdown...honestly? After the 5 interceptions and dominating the seahawks offense for 3+ quarters MM and his anemic offense put them in a position to lose...and they did. 2 HUGE special teams meltdowns to boot. Dom should have gotten a medal just for keeping us ahead that long.

As for the AZ game, Dom and the D held the Cards in check all game long and the offense couldn't put it away.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Demovsky is being an idiot. Defense was better than the O in the playoffs in 13, 14 and 15.

I read that shitty article, and it pisses me off that the guy keeps saying "Packer fans" this and that - like there is unity against Capers. I and I think a helluva lot of others, maybe even a majority, have the good sense to realize that Capers' schemes and compensation are the only things keeping the Packers D even halfway decent. If we played teams straight up without that scheming, we'd be absolutely screwed. A lot of us remember decades of the bad old days when we did just that - virtually no blitzing or movement, etc. If and when Capers ever does get fired or more likely calls it quits, they damn well better replace him with one of his many disciples around the NFL or NCAA. Aranda would suit me.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I read that shitty article, and it pisses me off that the guy keeps saying "Packer fans" this and that - like there is unity against Capers. I and I think a helluva lot of others, maybe even a majority, have the good sense to realize that Capers' schemes and compensation are the only things keeping the Packers D even halfway decent. If we played teams straight up without that scheming, we'd be absolutely screwed. A lot of us remember decades of the bad old days when we did just that - virtually no blitzing or movement, etc. If and when Capers ever does get fired or more likely calls it quits, they damn well better replace him with one of his many disciples around the NFL or NCAA. Aranda would suit me.
    I do believe that writers and Packer broadcast people probably get as many Capers complaints as Ted complaints.

But that shouldn't stop Demovsky from pointing out that 2016 playoff disaster aside, his Defense has been better in the playoffs than the Packer O for three years running. Some of that is matchups, some of that is the 2015-2016 O funk but some of it is McCarthy and his QB having trouble solving certain defenses.

This doesn't absolve Capers and the D of its meltdowns (49ers, Giants) or late, last minute drives surrendered (49ers again, Seattle, Cards) but if McCarthy is a very good offensive coach who has had a few poor results, then that is the least we can say of Capers recently.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I agree with pb. If stubby gets all the free passes he gets and it's numerous, Capers should as well.