Thread: But Will They Be Friends? Bennett and Rodgers

But Will They Be Friends? Bennett and Rodgers

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/f...639fc7fb7.html

Martellus Bennett, the reverse Finley.

“I’m always talking to him on the field, too, trying to see what he wants,” Bennett said. “(I’ll say), ‘Hey, how did that look?’ or he’ll give me the thumbs up. Or if I’m in another group, I always look back at him, ‘Hey, is that what you want? Is there something different you want on this?’ Always trying to figure out, just trying to have those conversations on and off the field, trying to get know each other as players, and as people.”
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/f...639fc7fb7.html

Martellus Bennett, the reverse Finley.
    Bennett is a MAJOR signing. I don't think fans realize what a difference maker he can be. He will be equal to any receiving AND blocking TE we have had in the Rodgers era. If MM designs this O correctly it will be nearly unstoppable. If House and King don't make an immediate impact it might have to be.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

I remember Bennet being a 100 yard machine against the Packers. Will be nice to see if from he other side for once

Let's hope for chemistry between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    I remember Bennet being a 100 yard machine against the Packers. Will be nice to see if from he other side for once
    He had almost 1000 yards from the TE position 1 year and that was with Smokin' Jay Cutler throwing to him. I agree it's a huge signing. That big of a target (6-6/275) might convince Arod not to hold onto the ball so long. Throw it up and let him go get it.