Thread: What is one thing that could happen that would make you optimistic about this year?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    getting a defensive coordinator that can produce an above shitty defense in this millennia
    Entering his 45th coaching season, Dom Capers is not to blame for GB's defensive failures , it has been the poor personal he has had to work with. However as this thread seeks potential positives for the Packers looking forward , I give you Kevin King and Josh Jones . Vince Biegel (R-LB) may just emerge into the spotlight provided he can get/stay healthy .

GB's offense is not a great concern, DEFENSE is the KEY to the Packer's future success !

If your not the lead dog , then the view never changes !

Quote Originally Posted by Radagast View Post
    Entering his 45th coaching season, Dom Capers is not to blame for GB's defensive failures , it has been the poor personal he has had to work with. However as this thread seeks potential positives for the Packers looking forward , I give you Kevin King and Josh Jones . Vince Biegel (R-LB) may just emerge into the spotlight provided he can get/stay healthy .

GB's offense is not a great concern, DEFENSE is the KEY to the Packer's future success !
    I will admit, I was hoping he might retire; because I came to understand it is unlikely MM will clean house again on that side of the ball. But the funny thing is, Capers still has his moments, not for a season but for games here and there when he really does make it work. This could be a very young, very fast, very enthusiastic defense with strong safety play and some unusual/unique/interesting pieces in guys like King, Jones, Adams and Fackrell. If the offense can be as good as I think it can, the defense may only have to rise to the level of "not awful".

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    If the offense can be as good as I think it can, the defense may only have to rise to the level of "not awful".
    Look at this dreamer. Honestly though, just like 15th in the league scoring and yards. That doesn't seem too much to wish for

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Look at this dreamer. Honestly though, just like 15th in the league scoring and yards. That doesn't seem too much to wish for
    The way they might get to where the need to be is the way they have sometimes in the past, with a defense that gives up a lot of yards, but gets a lot of turnovers. Even last year Randall showed a sense for interceptions, until he was hobbled. Dix has a knack for it. Rollins did in college, and showed some sense for it in 2015, though seemed to get fooled more than anything last year. With Jones's speed and quickness, I could see him getting his share, and the tall CBs like King, Gunther and House always seem to have a few, even though Gunther did not last year.

If the Packers can win the interception battle by at least about 3:1, the defense might be OK even if it gets chased up and down the field a lot of the game.