Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: What is one thing that could happen that would make you optimistic about this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    Bitching about rb utilization on this team shows how good our O is imo.

I think what gives me cause for optimism is that for the first time since Raji second year I am excited to see our dl. Clark came up big in the last 6 games last year. I think he will be one of the motors on d this year.
    I like the DL too. Daniels and Clark should be studs. Lowry surprised me last year. If he makes the 2nd year jump they hope for, he could be pretty good. Francois is a solid lunch pail type guy. Brian Price split time last year bettween the roster and the practice squad. He'll get a chance to show what he can do during Guion's suspension.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I like the DL too. Daniels and Clark should be studs. Lowry surprised me last year. If he makes the 2nd year jump they hope for, he could be pretty good. Francois is a solid lunch pail type guy. Brian Price split time last year bettween the roster and the practice squad. He'll get a chance to show what he can do during Guion's suspension.
    This group seems to have it all this year - youth and experience, talent and depth, gap penetrators and block eaters, pass rushers and pocket collapsers...

3-Down Core (1,3,5 Techs)
    76 Daniels, Mike DT 6-0 310 27 6 Iowa
    97 Clark, Kenny DT 6-3 314 21 2 UCLA
    90 Adams, Montravius DT 6-4 305 21 R Auburn

Early-Down Base/Nickel Rotation (1,3 Techs)
    95 Jean Francois, Ricky DT 6-3 313 30 9 LSU
    96 Price, Brian DT 6-3 318 22 1 Texas-San Antonio

Passing-Down Nickel/Dime Rotation (3,5,7,9 Techs)
    94 Lowry, Dean DE 6-6 296 22 2 Northwestern

In-Season Injury Insurance/Vet Depth
    98 Guion, Letroy DT 6-4 322 29 10 Florida State
    99 Ringo, Christian DT 6-1 298 25 2 Louisiana-Lafayette

Like you said Joe, it looks like the development of the two second-year guys - Clark and Lowry - could be huge. Price too has a lot of potential that could develop.

Adams may need a year yet, and with OK health from the rest of the group, he'll get it ... unless of course his play commands playing time. A year of learning and killing it in the weight room will likely help him a ton. If he can keep up with Daniels and Clark I think he'll be OK.
    Last edited by vince; 06-10-2017 at 12:21 PM.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    This makes me very optimistic.

A year of exceptionally good health on both sides of the ball would make me very optimistic.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack