Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TD'S and KICKOFF RETURNS

Cool TD'S and KICKOFF RETURNS

Who remembers GB's last TD on a Kickoff Return ?

Could GB have a special Kick/Punt Return man waiting to shine forth ?

Who is GB's 2017 GUNNER ?

If your not the lead dog , then the view never changes !

Quote Originally Posted by Radagast View Post
    Who remembers GB's last TD on a Kickoff Return ?
    Cobb as a rookie? That's the last I remember, but maybe because it was sort of memorable, being his first game. Made me interested in what he might provide.

Quote Originally Posted by Radagast View Post
    Who is GB's 2017 GUNNER ?
    I'm guessing Janis and ????. Won't be Goodson to start; I doubt he will be ready at the start of the season. Probably on PUP, at best. House was a good gunner when he was in GB before, but if he is starting, he won't be there now. Jones or Brice could be good candidates.

I don't think Janis or Goodson will be on this club when the season starts. It will have to be Cobb or someone else.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    It will be Trevor Davis.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

If they take Trevor Davis over Janis either as a special teamer or a WR, there's really something wrong.

Janis for both spots.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    It will be Trevor Davis.
    As gunner, or are you referring to returns? I can see, almost expect Davis to return both kickoffs and punts. I don't see him as a gunner, unless he is more physical than he showed last year.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    As gunner, or are you referring to returns? I can see, almost expect Davis to return both kickoffs and punts. I don't see him as a gunner, unless he is more physical than he showed last year.
    As returner.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

I see Nelson and Adams as our 1 and 2 WRs. I think Cobb could do returns.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Cobb as a rookie? That's the last I remember, but maybe because it was sort of memorable, being his first game. Made me interested in what he might provide.
    Cobb's is the last one I remember too Patler. It was a crazy return because it looked like he was going down and he kind of somersaulted over the back of another player and stayed upright. It was the first game of the season in 2011 against the Saints and the 108 yd. return tied the NFL record.

Quote Originally Posted by SMBASS View Post
    Cobb's is the last one I remember too Patler. It was a crazy return because it looked like he was going down and he kind of somersaulted over the back of another player and stayed upright. It was the first game of the season in 2011 against the Saints and the 108 yd. return tied the NFL record.
    John Kuhn with the save.

Geriatric Rat All-Pro
    Pat Lee (#22) with the 4.41 speed

Blog Entries
    The NFL blocked the vid already?

Wish they'd put their energy towards some good use instead of taking down vids of old kick returns.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post

Wish they'd put their energy towards some good use instead of taking down vids of old kick returns.
    Try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYfm...layer_embedded
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post

I think "protect the shield" is a euphemism for "short-sighted selfishness" on the part of the owners.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Thanks for the post. IMO , Trevor Davis returning Kicks/Punts .

I'm still not clear about GB's #1 Gunner . Who was it last season and will it be the same in 2017 ?

If your not the lead dog , then the view never changes !

Janis was clearly the best gunner. Janis also did better as a kick returner than Davis. If anybody among the wide receivers is left out now with the quality rookies, it should be Davis IMO, as he hasn't shown much. I've always said, give Janis more opportunities. Gunner, returner, receiver in preseason, he's done the job.

This clearly will be a big, big training camp for both Janis and Davis. I do think Janis is what he is - no more "he's got so much potential." He's like Bill Schroeder but built better. Janis can make a career as a gunner and maybe as a returner, and just be counted as a wide receiver because the NFL just doesn't list a player's position as "ST."

Davis we know less about. We do know he needs to put on some muscle and he needs to run good routes and catch everything, or he'll be applying for a job at one of Ricky Jean Francois's Dunkin' Donuts.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

What has Davis EVER shown under game conditions? Janis, in addition to excellence on special teams, has done somewhere between good and spectacularly well whenever he has had a chance as WR, both preseason and regular season. He, inexplicably, just hasn't had many chances. I'd bet the house that if Janis ever does get a full chance - if not starter, a lot of plays in the rotation - with the Packers or (REGRETTABLY) with some other team, he will be a star in this league. It will be a God damned shame if it is with some other team.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    What has Davis EVER shown under game conditions? Janis, in addition to excellence on special teams, has done somewhere between good and spectacularly well whenever he has had a chance as WR, both preseason and regular season. He, inexplicably, just hasn't had many chances. I'd bet the house that if Janis ever does get a full chance - if not starter, a lot of plays in the rotation - with the Packers or (REGRETTABLY) with some other team, he will be a star in this league. It will be a God damned shame if it is with some other team.
    Its not inexplicable. He doesn't know how to run or time routes. He is not precise. And the QB and the coach do not trust him.

His best two plays, other than drawing interference on Go routes, are hail mary's for which he was covered pretty well.

He breaks off his own routes and attempts to catch balls thrown to other receivers. That looks promising as a #6 WR or in the 4th quarter of a preseason game, but doesn't work as a stater.

Two years ago, during WR armageddon and great offensive drought, he ran a slant route from the slot and faced a ILB in his way. His attention was distracted by the Backer, he ran into him and got knocked on his ass for his trouble. He had ZERO idea how to adjust the route and zero idea how to draw contact in such a way as to get a flag called on the ILB.

I would use him only inside the 20 on specially designed plays because of his height and hops.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.