Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
One reason ck is not aiming his commentary toward the middle is this kind of reasoning:

Grayson Murray‏ @GraysonMurray
These police shootings have got to stop. But, the way they will is stop being a threat to them. Obey by the law and I promise you will live.

This guy is completely in the dark about some of the shootings, but he thinks he sounds logical.
He is largely right. In nearly every police shooting I can tell you what the perp did wrong. Problem is that in several police shootings I can point out what the officer did wrong also. If you carry a gun you have a certain responsibility to know how to engage an officer if you have to interact. I'm not blind though. Law enforcement training is basically para military now. Kids come out with a soldiers mentality. They mentally engage citizens with the approach of "I'm the law and you must obey even the dumbest thing I say". And I've run into some pretty unreasonable officers in my day. Pricks with a badge applies. I would love to see POST training get an overhaul with respect being infused in there somewhere. I would also like to see some dumb ass guy in Minnesota with a gun inform the officer that he is carrying at some point BEFORE he reaches for his wallet. Arms outside the window (unlock your car door first). Inform the officer. If he asks you to get out of the car you open the door with the outside handle. Its not rocket science. The NRA runs hundreds, likely thousands, of classes a year. If you want to carry a gun, take the class.