Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
You began by focusing on what you surmise where the errors committed by the victim, and you refer to him as a perpetrator. It is not a stretch of the imagination to conclude that you hold Castille primarily responsible for his own fate.
I said:

"He is largely right. In nearly every police shooting I can tell you what the perp did wrong. Problem is that in several police shootings I can point out what the officer did wrong also."

And I referred to Castille as a dumb ass, not a perp. Perp was the general term I used for people shot by cops. I specifically didn't refer to him as a perp because he wasn't one.

I focused on this one instance because Castille did about everything wrong you could do. I still think the officer over reacted...a lot. But I would like to have been on the jury to see everything. I'm not sure I would have convicted him, but I might have.

I also focused on him because it was the case that hit the news most recently, and I would like to raise awareness about how NOT to get shot if you are pulled over while carrying. I try to be a very responsible gun owner. Everyone should.

Now, if you want me to take the side of an officer I can. In milwaukee a PERP throws a gun as he is shot in the bicep. 1.69 seconds later he is shot in the chest and killed. The DA charged the officer with 1st degree reckless homicide. Holy shit, who would ever want to be a cop...not me.