Thread: Kaepernick unemployment

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have a hard time with a guy who is expressing his opinion getting this treatment. Employers can do what they wish, its their business if they like to be worse off and claim a PR victory by avoiding talent. In this case its dumb, but its their choice. Same as Robert Kraft can avoid those with domestic assault charges, they can hire whom they wish.

Fans are another thing. The vets' sacrifice that the public is so eager throw in CK's face seem to have been made in order for people to be free enough to engage in exactly this kind of protest. There were more than a few vets speaking out for his right to protest when this broke last season.

I think its idiotic to make the Anthem or Pledge compulsory. The NBA's stance on this is problematic*. Mandatory standing at attention for either flies in the face of the very values those expressions are trying to celebrate.

*Anyone remember why they did it?
    Last edited by pbmax; 06-12-2017 at 07:49 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.