Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Kaepernick unemployment

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I'm guessing Tony Oday is not entertained

PB, you gonna take that lying down? Hack Lives Matter.
    Nice to have you back.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    What the people reacting so vehemently against Kapernick don't seem to realize is that they are playing the exact same game. Kapernick at least has a good excuse: he's a professional entertainer. And that, and that alone, is why he could not have written what PB (who is no entertainer) wrote.
    I'm guessing Tony Oday is not entertained

PB, you gonna take that lying down? Hack Lives Matter.
    I admit I am probably not good enough to be an entertainer. I hope to be funny once in a while.

But I don't think Kaepernick is trying to be an entertainer, I think he is trying to engage an audience that doesn't include most of this board or NFL fans in general. I lack the resources to know whether he is succeeding or not. There is a group of players who testified to Congress last year taking a much different approach. I doubt there is one way that is a slam dunk to progress.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

One reason ck is not aiming his commentary toward the middle is this kind of reasoning:

Grayson Murray‏ @GraysonMurray
    These police shootings have got to stop. But, the way they will is stop being a threat to them. Obey by the law and I promise you will live.

This guy is completely in the dark about some of the shootings, but he thinks he sounds logical.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Sad state of GB when this thread still lives.

Kaperprick is a pain in the ass. He needs the right system to do well in. He can't make a lot of the throws many systems require. Maybe it's Seattle is Russ gets hurt. Reverse to Pain the Ass note; not worth bringing in as a backup

When a QB goes down hurt or a team becomes desperate he'll get his shot.

He decided to be the pain in the ass. I'd let the hereroid stay home.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    One reason ck is not aiming his commentary toward the middle is this kind of reasoning:

These police shootings have got to stop. But, the way they will is stop being a threat to them. Obey by the law and I promise you will live.

This guy is completely in the dark about some of the shootings, but he thinks he sounds logical.
    FYI. I will talk to you there. Start a thread.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I admit I am probably not good enough to be an entertainer. I hope to be funny once in a while.

But I don't think Kaepernick is trying to be an entertainer, I think he is trying to engage an audience that doesn't include most of this board or NFL fans in general. I lack the resources to know whether he is succeeding or not. There is a group of players who testified to Congress last year taking a much different approach. I doubt there is one way that is a slam dunk to progress.
    I agree that his goal is probably not to entertain, but his style and methods are derived from the entertainment industry. Maybe I should add, I'm using entertainment in a fairly broad sense. His approach, which seems over the top to some, is designed to be inflammatory--not to inflame the Tony Odays but to stoke the passions of people who are inclined to see police violence as part of a societal problem.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    He is a piece of crys I find on my shoe. He is ignorant and undeserving of a chance to play for millions. I will boycott ANY game he is in, sidelines or playing. He has missed me off and I will use my free choice and my money to support my views not this cop hating shit bag.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

I agree that his goal is probably not to entertain, but his style and methods are derived from the entertainment industry. Maybe I should add, I'm using entertainment in a fairly broad sense. His approach, which seems over the top to some, is designed to be inflammatory--not to inflame the Tony Odays but to stoke the passions of people who are inclined to see police violence as part of a societal problem.
    I agree.

FYI. I will talk to you there. Start a thread.
    I spend enough time on here as it is.

He is largely right. In nearly every police shooting I can tell you what the perp did wrong. Problem is that in several police shootings I can point out what the officer did wrong also. If you carry a gun you have a certain responsibility to know how to engage an officer if you have to interact. I'm not blind though. Law enforcement training is basically para military now. Kids come out with a soldiers mentality. They mentally engage citizens with the approach of "I'm the law and you must obey even the dumbest thing I say". And I've run into some pretty unreasonable officers in my day. Pricks with a badge applies. I would love to see POST training get an overhaul with respect being infused in there somewhere. I would also like to see some dumb ass guy in Minnesota with a gun inform the officer that he is carrying at some point BEFORE he reaches for his wallet. Arms outside the window (unlock your car door first). Inform the officer. If he asks you to get out of the car you open the door with the outside handle. Its not rocket science. The NRA runs hundreds, likely thousands, of classes a year. If you want to carry a gun, take the class.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Bobble, you presume to know a lot of the details of what happened. What if he did tell the cop he had a gun before reaching for his wallet? What if the cop never asked him to step out of the car? What if he was surprised at getting pulled over and adrenaline got in the way of calm, cool reflecting before acting? What if he was stoned to the bejesus belt?

Interesting that you refer to victims of police shootings collectively as "perps."

It's all on video, I'm not sure why the need to speculate. Castille was calm and polite and explained that he had a firearm and he was not reaching for it. If you watch the video and can't determine that it was a heinous overreaction by the cop, you can't be helped. Shooting someone should be a last resort. There truly was no reason to assume the cop was in immediate danger. It's not logical that a guy would tell a cop he has a firearm, tell him multiple times that he was not reaching for it, just to trick the cop and shoot him while in the car with his girlfriend and 3 year old child. Cop should have absolutely gotten manslaughter.

Bobble, you presume to know a lot of the details of what happened. What if he did tell the cop he had a gun before reaching for his wallet? What if the cop never asked him to step out of the car? What if he was surprised at getting pulled over and adrenaline got in the way of calm, cool reflecting before acting? What if he was stoned to the bejesus belt?

Interesting that you refer to victims of police shootings collectively as "perps."
    Watch the dashcam video. Its been released. And all these details have been out for quite awhile. As for the rest...again, that is why you take the class and go over the proper steps. So that when it happens you don't make big mistakes. Don't misunderstand me though. That cop was WAY too quick to fire shots. The man just politely said "officer, I have to inform you I have a concealed weapon on me" Not the action of a man about to shoot you. Also he had kids in the car. How about a well trained officer retreats to behind the car...a position that someone in a drivers seat can't really shoot at you. And then tell him to exit the vehicle, hands in sight. Again, big mistakes on both parts. That officer should never carry a gun again.

As for me referring to them as perps, its not that interesting at all. Its not even relevant to the post other than what you want to divine across the internet of what you think you know about me. They are many things, I chose a term. Many are perps. Some are victims. Many are simply people who are on the wrong side of an unfortunate incident. I used the term "perp" because in 95%+ of police shootings the person who gets shot is in fact a perp. I guess I could have gone all PC and used the term to describe the other 5% but that would just be stupid.

Don't be blinded by your biased conclusions about me. You read a post by me where I say "Hillary is a crook, but Trump is an ass" and all you read is "Hillary is a crook". It shows YOUR bias, not mine.

. double post

Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    It's all on video, I'm not sure why the need to speculate. Castille was calm and polite and explained that he had a firearm and he was not reaching for it. If you watch the video and can't determine that it was a heinous overreaction by the cop, you can't be helped. Shooting someone should be a last resort. There truly was no reason to assume the cop was in immediate danger. It's not logical that a guy would tell a cop he has a firearm, tell him multiple times that he was not reaching for it, just to trick the cop and shoot him while in the car with his girlfriend and 3 year old child. Cop should have absolutely gotten manslaughter.
    Partly agree except for one thing. He informs the officer he is packing and almost immediately reaches for his wallet. He never offers his hands when he says it. Stupid. I can agree 100% that the officer way over reacted. The problem is that we can't see inside the car and again, Castille NEVER offered his hands out the window which is what EVERY instructor tells you to do when stopped while packing. Big mistakes on both ends. 2nd degree manslaughter....probably, but I didn't see the entire trial. To say there was NO reason to assume the cop was in immediate danger is an overstatement as well. Again, you can't see inside the car. You can't see Castille's hands. But we KNOW he had a gun.

And just like Hoosier, you saying "you can't be helped" is reading an awful lot into what I DIDN'T type. I clearly criticized law enforcement and their over reactions in that post. But you only read what you wanted to read so you could criticize me for not being as smart as you. Castille fucked up big time by waiting that long to inform the officer he was packing. That was my point. I never said the officer didn't over react. You read that into my post based on YOUR preconceived bias, not mine.

You began by focusing on what you surmise where the errors committed by the victim, and you refer to him as a perpetrator. It is not a stretch of the imagination to conclude that you hold Castille primarily responsible for his own fate.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Partly agree except for one thing. He informs the officer he is packing and almost immediately reaches for his wallet. He never offers his hands when he says it. Stupid. I can agree 100% that the officer way over reacted. The problem is that we can't see inside the car and again, Castille NEVER offered his hands out the window which is what EVERY instructor tells you to do when stopped while packing. Big mistakes on both ends. 2nd degree manslaughter....probably, but I didn't see the entire trial. To say there was NO reason to assume the cop was in immediate danger is an overstatement as well. Again, you can't see inside the car. You can't see Castille's hands. But we KNOW he had a gun.

And just like Hoosier, you saying "you can't be helped" is reading an awful lot into what I DIDN'T type. I clearly criticized law enforcement and their over reactions in that post. But you only read what you wanted to read so you could criticize me for not being as smart as you. Castille fucked up big time by waiting that long to inform the officer he was packing. That was my point. I never said the officer didn't over react. You read that into my post based on YOUR preconceived bias, not mine.
    My comments weren't specifically addressing your points or your bias only. Sorry if that was confusing. I will point out that Castilles mistakes were minimal compared to officers. I just can't figure out how a jury could conclude that the officer thought his life was in danger after watching the video. Observe everyone else in the videos demeanor, Castille and his family and even the other officer. Cops basically have a free pass to kill first and ask questions later. And that's just not right.

Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    My comments weren't specifically addressing your points or your bias only. Sorry if that was confusing. I will point out that Castilles mistakes were minimal compared to officers. I just can't figure out how a jury could conclude that the officer thought his life was in danger after watching the video. Observe everyone else in the videos demeanor, Castille and his family and even the other officer. Cops basically have a free pass to kill first and ask questions later. And that's just not right.
    Bill Cosby had a hung jury. Literally anything is possible.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    What percent of police interactions do you guys follow. People argue from these highly charged ideologically motivated cases to generalities about police encounters. I notice that Dash cam video of successful and helpful police interactions are underepresented on US TV. Or the cases where cops are getting assaulted.

Doesn't mean this wasn't a bad encounter and that the cop needs to go (he has been or will be fired). Just because he may be a marginal cop doesn't mean that he should be punished to the level of manslaughter.

This stuff is all split second and many times the opposite happens where cops get drawn on even while they are talking and police instructuons are seemingly being followed

When a cop stops someone he has to treat him like a perp and cops do pay attention to demography. Men are vastly more likely to draw a gun on a cop than women for example.

Again the problem for Kap is he is taking the most extreme stance. All cops are bad, embracing BLM racism, etcetc. because there's no moderating tone there he will suffer.

Having a tail light out while being a black man shouldn't give the cops the right to assume he is likely a violent perpetrator. I mean seriously how often has a man been pulled over for a traffic violation ONLY, and ended up murdering the cop? Let alone after calmly and politely telling the officer he had a legal firearm and with his family in the car. Cops have plenty of respectable interactions in similar situations, without being the agitator, aggressor, and unloading seven rounds into another human. The cop had zero reason to be afraid for his life, so non premeditated murder that isn't self-defense = manslaughter.