Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Kaepernick unemployment

Blog Entries
    he's not good enough for the headache...aka....pain in the ass
    He brought this on himself. Now he lives with the distraction
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Kaepernick may be an all out piece of crap, but if I was a Seattle fan, I'd be ranting loud and long in their forum about choosing Austin Johnson over him. The guy was a positive factor for the Niners in his first year or two just as a part time mostly running QB. At very least, he could do that for a team. The burst he showed many times against the Packers especially was impressive and unique even among running QBs. For a team like the Seahawks, using a roughly similar QB like Wilson, he seems like a natural back up.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    he's not good enough for the headache...aka....pain in the ass
    He brought this on himself. Now he lives with the distraction
    Amen, Bro.

On PB's list, I'd snarf up AJ McCarron. With time in a copasetic system, I think he'll be fine.

I don't think Kap is the worst qb, but in terms of production to expected contract he may be. We don't know his contract expectations. He will be hired after the first big injury

If I cared enough, I'd go dig up that old thread about how Kaepernick and Wilson were the new wave and the pocket QB was dead. But I don't other than to say, "I told you so!"

Geriatric Rat All-Pro
    Osweiler and Kaepernick are separated by 8.7 passer rating points, yet Brock was so horrible that Houston has to include a second rounder to give his contract to Cleveland of all teams. The lesson is that QB ratings can be misleading. You watch Kaepernick play live and he's worse than Osweiler. The lack of consistent accuracy last season was astonishing. Really, Clefty hasn't seen swing and misses that terrible since my son-in-law tried to deck me after I called him a wuss for crying when I ran him over in a game of pickup basketball.

Who knows what the future holds? Kaepernick could get a crewcut, salute the flag, throw a thousand passes through a tire swing, and find a team that needs him. America is a land of second chances. Unless you tweet about tentacles.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleft Crusty View Post
    Osweiler and Kaepernick are separated by 8.7 passer rating points, yet Brock was so horrible that Houston has to include a second rounder to give his contract to Cleveland of all teams. The lesson is that QB ratings can be misleading. You watch Kaepernick play live and he's worse than Osweiler. The lack of consistent accuracy last season was astonishing. Really, Clefty hasn't seen swing and misses that terrible since my son-in-law tried to deck me after I called him a wuss for crying when I ran him over in a game of pickup basketball.

Who knows what the future holds? Kaepernick could get a crewcut, salute the flag, throw a thousand passes through a tire swing, and find a team that needs him. America is a land of second chances. Unless you tweet about tentacles.
    Osweiler has never been better than he showed. He was hand selected to start in an established offense with some talent by an established coach. He was also traded because his contract was a talisman of incompetence. Chicago might have had the same experience next offseason, but they drafted a savior behind him.

Kaeppernick was in year 1 of non-NFL Chip Kelly's regime with a dearth of talent. And he out played him. Passer rating or DVOA or ESPN QB index or eyeballs, he was better. In the pocket, he was better. Outside the pocket, forget it.

Market failure. Someone above wrote he will be brought in by someone who loses the established starter. This is probably correct by now. Because he is the only body out there who could actually help you win a game. Its just that no one wants to admit their backup is just window dressing.

Does he have touch? No. He lacks several throws he needs in a traditional offense. You will need to adjust the offense. But that is almost always better than fitting square pegs into round holes. The talent will show through if you let it. Your scheme is not so precious, nor the only way to skin that cat, that it makes it worthwhile to hold on to Hackenburg, McCown or Davis.

Even Matt Flynn struggled to go .500 while keeping M3's offense intact.

Teams cannot afford to get cute with a starting QB. They are happy to get cute in the offseason with a backup QB.
    Last edited by pbmax; 06-09-2017 at 07:51 AM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Geriatric Rat All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Passer rating or DVOA or ESPN QB index or eyeballs, he was better.
    Maybe all that alphabet soup means something to you whippersnappers, but Clefty used his eyeballs. How many games did you actually watch? Then again, with cataracts and macular degeneration, I may have been watching Dancing with the Stars, and didn't know it.

I saw parts of both Seahawks games (the first of which was Gabbert I believe) and some of the Patriots and Cardinals games.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    I would stop watching Packer Games if we signed this piece of race baiting shit. Screw him and his voiding of a contract that paid him $16.9 million this year. I hope he never plays again, cries about it being unfair and goes rich people broke and has to love a normal persons life.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Geriatric Rat All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    I would stop watching Packer Games if we signed this piece of race baiting shit. Screw him and his voiding of a contract that paid him $16.9 million this year. I hope he never plays again, cries about it being unfair and goes rich people broke and has to love a normal persons life.
    Well, here's one spot where the rubber meets the road. I think Kaepernick's jersey made the NFL and their apparel providers a lot of money last year. The Jersey was in such high demand that the Smithsonian had to pay top dollar to acquire one for their museum. Details from the article posted below chart the 'rehabilitation' of Kaepernick's reputation. It doesn't mention anything about tire swings and reps, but Kaepernick's social media feed routinely updates anyone who wants to know on the distribution and repetitions of his various core exercises. Clefty predicts he will play again in the NFL, and probably play reasonably well.

http://mashup.weei.com/sports/2017/0...ey-smithsonian

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    I will not watch a game if he is involved. I will not renew my NFL Ticket if he is a Packer. I would not pay for tickets or a new jersey this year.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Well you better do it now because there are more players in the NFL who feel the same way he does. People will always have opinions you don't agree with. Tear that shit up now!
    C.H.U.D.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Well you better do it now because there are more players in the NFL who feel the same way he does. People will always have opinions you don't agree with. Tear that shit up now!
    If the trend continues I will.

How in the hell can anyone think he is being mistreated? It's fine for teams to pass on other players that would be a locker room distraction, but not this POS? He's getting what he deserves. He made a grown up decision, now he has to live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    How in the hell can anyone think he is being mistreated? It's fine for teams to pass on other players that would be a locker room distraction, but not this POS? He's getting what he deserves. He made a grown up decision, now he has to live with it.
    If he was the second coming of Jim Brown would you sign him?
    C.H.U.D.

Geriatric Rat All-Pro
    The common practice has been that if you are a great player, you will play, unless you are behind bars. Society is careening along a new path right now, and it's possible in the not too far future that you'll see players who run afoul of popular opinion getting tossed in response to advertiser boycotts.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    If he was the second coming of Jim Brown would you sign him?
    Rut wouldn't sign him because he'd figure McCarthy wouldn't give him many carries anyway.

Dog killer Vick got another chance. Kid beater Peterson got another chance. Women beaters Joe Mixon and Caleb Brantley were drafted this year.

Kneeling during the national anthem doesn't even come close to those. It doesn't hurt anybody or any thing. Teams that would be bettered by his talent on the roster should try to sign him.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Teams would have a backup that is in the spotlight and a sideshow. He is shit.