Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Kaepernick unemployment

Blog Entries
    It's not just the business and politics which I understand but don't concern me too much. He's talented but clearly a head case. He's had some strings of seriously poor play on top of his diva needs. You almost have to tailor the whole offense for him which is problematic. Too much risk for the reward at this point. Maybe some team gets desperate enough to take the risk but they'll not be happy about it.

Blog Entries
    If not for Green Bay, he'd have been done already.

I don't think he was all that great when he was "good". I just think GB's shitty defense made him look all world.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    He took an offense to a Super Bowl and nearly won. Makes him at least Trent Dilfer who lasted for years, even though Dilfer's skill set was problematic. He stood in the pocket, was functionally mobile, but was inaccurate and made bad reads.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

the nfl hadn't seen the read option and didn't have an answer for it. it's in the surprise/trick play category now. it's been caught up to. mm/rodgers have even used it now and then with success.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He took an offense to a Super Bowl and nearly won. Makes him at least Trent Dilfer who lasted for years, even though Dilfer's skill set was problematic. He stood in the pocket, was functionally mobile, but was inaccurate and made bad reads.
    I'd say he hasn't handled success very well since...

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    I don't think he was all that great when he was "good". I just think GB's shitty defense made him look all world.
    Another way of saying that is...

'If not for Dom Capers...'
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    the nfl hadn't seen the read option and didn't have an answer for it. it's in the surprise/trick play category now. it's been caught up to. mm/rodgers have even used it now and then with success.

via Pro Football Focus

"But he won't stay in the pocket and run my offense..."

Good! Especially if you are Chip Kelly.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Rut wouldn't sign him because he'd figure McCarthy wouldn't give him many carries anyway.

Rut wouldn't sign him because he'd figure McCarthy wouldn't give him many carries anyway.
    Hands down post of the year!
    Busting drunk drivers in Antarctica since 2006

Nah, there isn't room on the team for 2 wanna be RB converts.

Blog Entries
    head case + not dedicated to football

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    He just keeps on reinventing himself!

head case + not dedicated to football

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cg_VDp6WwAAFiZe.png
    He put a t-shirt on, took the hat off and grew out his hair. Clearly he is not NFL QB material.

No quarterback has ever succeeded with these kinda distractions!

Last edited by pbmax; 06-11-2017 at 02:35 PM.

And you can't be a minister and succeed in the NFL.

That's Napoleon Kaufman, btw.

Is Kaepernick actually a youth minister or is that something Reddit came up with just for the viral image?

The stories of Kap's demise are highly exaggerated. He's a bright kid even if he lacks wisdom. He had two decent games to end the season last year. He'll land on his feet.

Money talks

He still has his fans, though: Among last month’s best-selling jerseys released by the NFL Shop, Kaepernick ranked 17th — ahead of quarterbacks Matt Ryan, Russell Wilson, Cam Newton and Drew Brees, all of whom have led their teams to recent Super Bowls.

At the peak of last fall’s controversy, Kaepernick had the best-selling 49ers jersey, and the fifth-best-selling jersey in the league.
    He will return, in a new jersey, that will sell well.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Money talks

He will return, in a new jersey, that will sell well.
    I would bet that most of the people buying Kap jerseys did not even know the shape of a football. His negatives are so high, nobody wants to take on the media storm and potential locker room disruption of a back-up QB. Plus, you would anger a lot of fans of most teams.

Whether I find his displays repugnant or not, I support his right to make his misguided expressions. I also support the right of any owner not to hire him.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    I would bet that most of the people buying Kap jerseys did not even know the shape of a football. His negatives are so high, nobody wants to take on the media storm and potential locker room disruption of a back-up QB. Plus, you would anger a lot of fans of most teams.

Whether I find his displays repugnant or not, I support his right to make his misguided expressions. I also support the right of any owner not to hire him.
    He's already said he won't kneel again; he's rehabilitated himself with donations and being nice to disadvantaged kids. Probably 50-70% of NFL players agree with him, as well as some coaches. He probably won't even need to talk to Dr. Phil to get back on a team. He'll just need to throw an accurate pass or two.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck