Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
I do remember though reading an article after Favre had left Green Bay in which Rodgers was asked what he learned from from playing with Favre. He said Favre stressed the importance of how he conducted himself on the field both in practice and games because everyone is watching the starting QB. So I think there were those moments. I don't know how frequent they were. Favre and Rodgers seemed to get along pretty well in 2007, so it may have been an evolving situation.
Indeed. But that lesson was not the one Bobbo was highlighting in his mini rant.

Rodgers has taken this a step further too. He is always at OTAs, Favre was a ghost for his last few years. And he usually required some kind of agreement with the coach over reps to show up at mini camp. Rodgers gets to reinforce the idea of being present to learn the scheme and be accountable PLUS he and his veterans, after being at OTAs, get excused from minicamp. Very team focused. Some might call it leadership.

He clearly learned some things from Favre including perhaps the most important lesson that sometimes you need to throw on the move, from a bad setup/footwork and with odd arm angles. Rodgers has practiced and perfected many of these.