Thread: Safety position going forward.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Richardson had a glass neck. You don't want to sign a guy to put him in a wheelchair for life.
    Brice is a good depth player. He showed really well last year in camp -- ol' McGinn (or was it scouts he interviewed?) thought he looked like a R1 pick. In year 2 for him things should slow down for him and I think he'll be a key player in the depth. He's certainly protection against losing Burnett/HaHa to injury or FA. I think they'll resign HaHa though -- he's becoming a leader back there and was certainly the better pick vs. Calvin Pryor.

Burnett is also a good player and worth keeping -- the question is whether he can stay healthy and if he has enough left in the tank he's worth signing. Add Josh Jones to the mix as a moneybacker who could probably play safety, and they have backup options.

Overall I think they're in much better shape than when they were trotting M.D. Jennings out there.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Richardson had a glass neck. You don't want to sign a guy to put him in a wheelchair for life.
    Or worse. Given the location of the fusion, another hit could be fatal. Absolutely no GM will touch a guy with a significantly elevated chance of dying on the field.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!